Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
El llanero (1963) Jesus Franco; aka Jaguar, Le jaguar, Sfida selvaggia
Topic Started: Dec 30 2009, 12:58 AM (572 Views)
shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
im looking for the jess franco movie -el llanero- believe its the only western he made.

I have a dvdr that is a copy from a french tape "go video" called Le jaguar.

I would love to get my hands on the video tape or and also would like to see an english/english subtitled or german audio version from the movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0057257/

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Harm
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
As itīs set in South America, itīs not a western. Not too good a movie either, but mildly enjoyable in a cheesy sort of way. Too bad he didnīt make any real spaghetti type westerns with boobs thrown in. Now that would have been something!

Anyway, an Italian language tv rip with English fansubs is available on CG.

magnus
Star Member
The French vhs shouldnīt be hopeless to find.
But i agree, a very unremarcable film, and not really a western at all. Like a south american Zorro, without a proper Zorro...
Franco also was involved in a regular Zorro-movie (and that one is pretty enjoyable) LE MARQUE DE ZORRO from 1975. His involvent is very small though, only the credit-sequence set in modern day with a old man asking some children if they know about Zorro. I guess Eurociné just tucked that part on a 10 year old Zorro-flick they had lying about...
and also one of the more recent ones have some western-settings, VAMPIRE JUNCTION from 2001, but i never did get around to actually watch it.

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
i never saw the french tape of El llanero. there are a couple more french tapes im after but they are expensive (50-60€) or I cant find them at all!

I did get lucky a few days ago, bought:
5 RAFALES POUR RINGO
LA GRIFFE DU COYOTTE
for a few euro's :rolleyes:

im downloading the italian with english subs version of El llanero now. will watch it tonight.....tried to watch the french version before....to be honest I didnt find the movie so bad at all. the way the movie is filmed and the locations look mutch better than the evarage euro western.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Euro Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply