Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your latest VCD purchaces
Topic Started: Mar 2 2010, 07:54 PM (5,979 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
You can actually check the Induna page to see if their DVDs/VCDs have subtitles or not. Unfortunately, I don't think any Indian VCDs are subbed, and many DVDs don't have them either. I believe the only VCDs that have English subs are HK films, either on HK VCD or on VCDs from other countries that use prints from HK. I basically blame the British; if they had stayed in India we would have had Bollywood films with burn-in English subs.

:hi:

SHADOW IN THE DARK sounds like fun. Where is it from?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Latest VCDs:

Posted Image

Bodyguard of the Last Governor
Posted Image

Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Yes, it does look great and no, I haven't watched it yet. B)

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Kothar
Mar 3 2010, 10:59 PM
Mostly of them i have however already posted in my indonesian, hongkong
and thai thread. :hello!:

Keep using those threads for your Indonesian, Thai and HK collections, Kotar. B) This is merely a thread for "what have you bought recently?"

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bakeneko
Mar 4 2010, 06:33 PM
By the way, can I post images from my VCD collection? Or, strictly "Latest Purchaces" only?

I think we ought to make a new thread about our VCD collections. In fact I just did:

http://z9.invisionfree.com/THE_CINEHOUND_F...?showtopic=3827

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
You're right, they're great. I just wish they would list shipment by ordinary mail as an alternative. Using a courier means you can't buy for very much without being slapped with a customs fee due to the bastard EU import limit. :(

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I know. And the guy behind the store, I forget his name, is really friendly and helpful.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
anthropophagouz
Mar 4 2010, 04:25 AM
This was intended to be a picture of my monkeys but you can see the VCD I bought not that long ago hehe.

Posted Image

I only own three but am not opposed to getting some more!  Wolf Devil Woman was one hell of a film!

And that is a monkey of a film! (meant in a gooood way!). :lol: WOLF DEVIL WOMAN is definitely one of my fave HK films. I also have that VCD. Have you listened to the Mandarin track? Check it out, the sound is much better and the music completely different (better). The music in the English dub is mere elevator muzak. Too bad there's no subs.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
LOL. Most HK VCDs actually have two audio tracks. On most newer dvd player remote controls you can chose to listen to the sound in stereo or only from the left or right speaker (in which case the sound from the one audio is played in both speakers, i.e. for instance you get left speaker sound in both left and right speaker).

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
GOTT IM HIMMEL!!! I just bought this!!! :blink: :blink: :blink:

The legendary Mai Ah VCD. The only version that contains the original "board room ending".

Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

NB: Before anybody *informs* me about this: I am aware the ending is on a couple of DVD versions (JoySales + HKL) but extra material doesn't count in my book!! This is the only full version where it's IN THE FILM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply