Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Your latest VCD purchaces
Topic Started: Mar 2 2010, 07:54 PM (5,728 Views)
HBK
Member Avatar
[ * ]
You have a VHS, DVD and BD topic so I thought why not start a VCD topic. It's not the best format out there and it is kind of out-dated but there are a lot of films released on VCD that haven't been released on DVD.. and they look nice.

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

HBK
Member Avatar
[ * ]
My latest:

I bought this Shadow In The Dark VCD from Cinehound. The movie is great btw, the dubbing is over the top and the fighting scenes are great. And a lot of children get killed in this movie btw, one even gets a sword in his face.. You should try to get this, it's a lot of fun!

Posted Image

And I ordered these from induna.com, haven't got them in yet. I don't think they have subs but I have to check them to make sure.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

HBK
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Jack J
Mar 2 2010, 08:51 PM
You can actually check the Induna page to see if their DVDs/VCDs have subtitles or not. Unfortunately, I don't think any Indian VCDs are subbed, and many DVDs don't have them either. I believe the only VCDs that have English subs are HK films, either on HK VCD or on VCDs from other countries that use prints from HK. I basically blame the British; if they had stayed in India we would have had Bollywood films with burn-in English subs. 

:hi:

SHADOW IN THE DARK sounds like fun. Where is it from?

Shadow In The Dark is from Thailand, it looks like it's from the 70s. Don't know more about it, it's not on IMDB or any other site I've come accross. Anybody else here have some more information about it ?

Wow! That Return Of The Evil Fox looks great! Have you watched it yet ? I'm wondering if the film is as good as the cover makes you want to believe.

HBK
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Just got my 6 VCD's in. Great service from induna.com, really fast delivery! :D

HBK
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Jack J
Mar 4 2010, 07:32 PM
You're right, they're great. I just wish they would list shipment by ordinary mail as an alternative. Using a courier means you can't buy for very much without being slapped with a customs fee due to the bastard EU import limit. :(

Would be a good option yes, all though DHL is really fast with shipments which means you'll have it within 3/4 days.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply