Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
ADA ZOMBILERIN DUGUNU...rules!
Topic Started: Jun 3 2010, 06:11 PM (961 Views)
ONARFILMS
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Just finished watching this dvd, imported straight from Turkey, with english subs.
Happy to say it was also my FIRST, AFTER-HOSPITAL viewing!

Today, exactly one month after my hospitalization and then my closed-in-the-house suffering, I decided to push myself anf start watching dvd's.

I'm glad I chose this Turkish Zombie flick!
First, let me point out it's shot with a hand-held camera, doc style a la REC, CLOVERFIELD, DIARY OF THE DEAD etc.
And I simply adore this style!

Now, ADA (The Island) is also a cheap film, with funny moments and a comic-relief guy.
However, this doesn't distract from the fun/scares a bit.

I also admit I got spooked out a lot.
Most of the time, the film maintains a dark claustrophobic atmosphere with intense pace and lots of gore and fresh ideas.

Ok, it's not Shaun of the Dead but it's the first Turkish Zombie film and although a cheap one it's a remarkable effort, 1000 times BETTER than the greek crappy TO KAKO 1 & 2!!!

I hereby invite all true lovers of independent cinema to support this effort and buy this dvd wherever you can find it!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Emperor
[ * ]
I thought I'd give this a bump.

Thanks for the review - I'll be keeping an eye out for this next time I'm in Turkey (I could ask my uncle to buy it and send it over but he is a terrible snob, plus it'll be a fun adventure) but I am curious as to whether it has English subtitles or not.

I might double up the Turkish zombie action and seek out a copy of the graphic novel Zombistan, I won't be able to read it (my Turkish is pretty rough and ready) but I can always look at the pretty pictures ;)

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
I haven't seen it yet but it sounds a nice flick.

But you thank a dead man, my friend...Bill (ONAR FILMS) passed away a year ago :(

Emperor
[ * ]
cinehound
Oct 25 2012, 08:12 PM
But you thank a dead man, my friend...Bill (ONAR FILMS) passed away a year ago :(

Ooops. Sorry if that has brought up bad memories :(

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Turkish Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply