Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Code Red DVD
Topic Started: Jun 24 2010, 10:23 AM (8,212 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Jun 27 2012, 07:51 PM
4 new Code Red releases available now from their new "underground" online store. ;)

Posted ImagePosted Image

THE SEVERED ARM has been pulled back as it's not uncut (apparently only dialogue scenes, not gore). And Code Red are NOT re-releasing it. I received mine yesterday! :D
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Jul 19 2012, 08:06 PM
Nice one Jack!  :up:
The fate of Severed/So Sad is still uncertain though as many fans still want to buy it....

"Uncertain"? The statement from Code Red doesn't seem uncertain to me.

From Code Red:

SEVERED ARM – Money Back Offer

"There have many complaints about the print of THE SEVERED ARM not being uncut on our recent DVD release. We acquired a supposedly uncut UK theatrical print, but unfortunately that print apparently was trimmed of some footage that was part of the uncut US theatrical version. Even though all the violence/gore footage was still intact, some other footage had unfortunately been trimmed in this UK print. Code Red apologizes for the error, and has immediately discontinued the DVD and will not be reissuing this film. Not many units had been sold, but if you bought one and are unhappy with the disc and would like to send it back, just contact us via e-mail and we’ll take it back and refund your money. The title has now been permanently removed from our webstore and is no longer available. We do have other cool movies coming soon, though, so hopefully some will be of interest. Thank you for your continued support."

;)
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
LOL. No, I guess not. :lol:

I wrote to him and suggested that be just put a sticker on the cover saying it was a shorter version. But he said it was too expensive to buy the stickers and pay someone to put them on the covers. :blink:

So I suggested that he just sold the dvd as a direct sale only dvd, and to mention its cut status on the website.

He didn't reply. :ph43r:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Btw, Code Red is finally going to release BUTCHER BAKER, NIGHTMARE MAKER.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Jul 30 2012, 01:14 PM
I think all the extras are ready as well but there's no release date set yet. ;)

It's been ready for the last couple of years actually. ;)

It hasn't been released because "one sick overweight jerk" made trouble for Bill Olsen by claiming he had the rights for the film. Bill Olsen has all along said he bought the rights from the real rights holders. And now, apparently, he's just not gonna give a shit about this "one sick overweight jerk" (Bill Olsen's words, not mine).

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Aug 8 2012, 08:15 PM
Bill removed some overstock titles and replaced them with new ones in the store,just a heads up. ;)

http://codereddvd.bigcartel.com/products (3 pages)

He's still got DEAD PIT 2-disc version up there. It's been OOP for a long while and going for STEEP prices on Amazon.

The cheapest second-hand seller on Amazon has it at 50 dollars (the seller who has a new one at $10 is Code Red).

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Aug 27 2012, 08:36 AM
"4 re-presses coming soon to Code Reds BigCartel shop! TERMINAL ISLAND, THE VISITOR, WITCHMAKER & NIGHT OF THE DEMON. So dont buy from ebays!" (Bill/Twitter)

I'm certainly looking forward to some of the titles I missed out on.

Btw, AWE in Denmark are releasing STANLEY in October so slow fucks like me can finally get it on DVD. :blink: First I missed the BCI release. :( Then I missed the Code Red release. :wacko: (they're both OOP). Hopefully this one will stay in print long enough for me to actually get a copy (it shouldn't be a problem as people in Denmark don't care for old genre films. I'm told AWE's dvd's sell fuck nothing! :angry:

I've got the NTSC VHS but it'd be nice with a DVD as well. B)

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Oct 6 2012, 10:07 AM
New releases up (Heated Vengeance has been momentarily recalled btw because the pressing plant seems to have put the wrong discs in the cases).

"Just to let you all know I am pulling HEATED VENGEANCE as the wrong movie is in the sealed dvd case. I'll mail the correct one, once it comes in for usa buyers. overseas buyer will get a refund on the HEATED VENGEANCE part of the order + shipping, unless they want to wait till the correct dvd comes out." (Bill/CR)

Seems none were shipped btw.

codereddvd store

Oh, what a bummer!! Where did you see that info?

I ordered it right away and DEVIL'S THREE too. :(

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Oct 7 2012, 10:00 AM
Bill posted it at Latarnia Jack.

Seems odd he posts info on a forum but not on his own site. :wacko:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I ordered it earlier today. I already got the UK dvd but the CR dvd has a 90 minute documentary film in the extras and I want that! :lol:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply