Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Two rare LDs and one LP for sale in August
Topic Started: Jul 18 2010, 07:26 PM (716 Views)
Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Quote:

think also all the "laser rot" talk scared away the potential new generations taking up that side of the hobby. Quite sad.

It wasn't only "talk" - but a sad reality. A friend of mine bought several dozens of LDs in Great-Britain in the mid-1980s. All the discs were carefully kept in a safe place. Last week, he came to my house with ten of these LDs, asking me to copy them on DVDs as some titles are scarce and were never re-released in another format.
Well, from the ten titles, only two were still watchable - the others going from rotten (with an awfully grainy image on the screen in the "best" cases...) to "barely watchable". I have no doubt about the fact that these LDs were expensive (even when released) and could have a certain interest for collectors... but not in this shape. :(
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Laserdiscs · Next Topic »
Add Reply