Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
VEERANA; VHS TAPE !!
Topic Started: Dec 10 2010, 01:33 AM (2,277 Views)
ed209vscain
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
HAPPY THIS ONE IS ON A NICE DVD NOW ! THIS COVER IS OFF THE VHS TAPE.

Posted Image

back

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
A very nice tape indeed :D

HBK
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Nice tape! Love the film and I'm happy with the great DVD release it has! But that VHS cover is great! :)

johell
[ * ]
I've got the chance to see this film during a festival in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Seeing it on the big screen was a huge shock, 'cause that was the my introduction to the bollywood horror. I think i've already seen MYSTICS IN BALI at the time but it didn't include songs. VEERANA was an excellent surprise and the hysteria in the theater with the public was unbelievable.
http://cinephiliquement-votre.blogspot.com/

Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
johell
Nov 17 2011, 07:52 AM
I've got the chance to see this film during a festival in Neuchâtel, Switzerland. Seeing it on the big screen was a huge shock, 'cause that was the my introduction to the bollywood horror. I think i've already seen MYSTICS IN BALI at the time but it didn't include songs. VEERANA was an excellent surprise and the hysteria in the theater with the public was unbelievable.

MYSTICS IN BALI doesn't includes songs and dance, as it's an Indonesian, not Indian, production.
But in Malaysia for instance, their early films did have songs and dance as some of the directors, like B.N. Rao who made the first "Pontianak" movies, were from India...

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
You saw it in a cinema, Johell? Wauw, very cool! I'd love to see these movies at the cinema. In addition to the MM DVD I think I have Veerana on a DVD from India somewhere in one of the piles.

PS: Haven't seen you here for a while, Sweeney Todd. Do you hang out at other forums these days? Are there any good ones?
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jon Houghton
Member Avatar
[ * ]
My wife got me Veerana/Purani Haveli as a late x-mas present this week. I haven't had the chance to watch either one yet because I have been exploring more Turkish cinema lately. Hope they are as fun as Bandh Darwaza/Purana Mandir were.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Quote: "PS: Haven't seen you here for a while, Sweeney Todd. Do you hang out at other forums these days? Are there any good ones? "

Most of the time I'm on CHFB and Latarnia forums, under another alias (very transparent), "todmichel"...

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
Jon Houghton
Jan 12 2012, 02:41 AM
My wife got me Veerana/Purani Haveli as a late x-mas present this week. I haven't had the chance to watch either one yet because I have been exploring more Turkish cinema lately. Hope they are as fun as Bandh Darwaza/Purana Mandir were.

Nice present indeed, you'll enjoy :cheers:

Jon Houghton
Member Avatar
[ * ]
cinehound
Jan 21 2012, 03:10 PM
Jon Houghton
Jan 12 2012, 02:41 AM

Nice present indeed, you'll enjoy :cheers:

I watched Purani Havelli recently and definitely liked it. My only complaint is the song and dance numbers. I know it is a part of their culture, but it sort of kills the mood for me when watching horror,and all of a sudden there is a song and dance routine. Other than that, I really like the couple Indian horror stuff.
May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your armpits.

4 users reading this topic (4 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Bollywood & Pakistani Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply