Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Pericolo Negli Abissi; UNDERWATER MONDO!
Topic Started: Mar 7 2011, 06:08 PM (2,951 Views)
magnus
Star Member
I had not heard about 1977 Italian this film before just reading a description with regard to the soundtrack that recently been re-issued on vinyl. From the record dealers at Weirdo records:
"Soundtrack to an Italian mondo movie that reconstructs shark attacks & other dangerous undersea adventures. Of course many of these scenes star topless girls instead of the local shell-gatherers and coral-pickers. There's even a stripper who uses a moray eel to get her clothes off. Sounds range from lush hammond lounge to smooth foreboding funk, and yeah, they manage to rip off the Jaws soundtrack a little too. Perfect on all fronts, then."
Yes! It does sounds like pretty much the perfect film to me. Anyone know of a release?

HereŽs a piece of music from it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6w4cXzXl8A
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

magnus
Star Member
Some more serching revealed that this tasty title apparently was released in Italy by Domovideo. If anyone have this tape iŽd love to get a dvdr of the film!
I doubt that an English version exists, but wouldnŽt mind to be proven wrong on that....
Posted Image

Stephen Gladwin
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Hey Weirdo records! I've actually been to the store multiple times in Cambridge, MA! Crazy to see a mention of this obscure store here on cinehound!

Magnus, are you from Massachusetts? :hello!:

magnus
Star Member
Haha, cool! No not at all, iŽm from the other side of the Atlantic. But i do buy some records from time to time from the Weirdo store, nice people, good prices, cheap postage, lovely descriptions (as seen in this case) and some wild and wonderful records! I sound like a used car salesman, but itŽs true...

stephen grimes
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
magnus
Mar 7 2011, 09:24 PM
Some more serching revealed that this tasty title apparently was released in Italy by Domovideo. If anyone have this tape iŽd love to get a dvdr of the film!

I wouldn't mind a copy of this myself.Anyone up for a trade?

dag-johnny
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I would also love to get a DVDR of this movie if anybody has it.
I have tons of stuff to trade.

dag-johnny
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Let's hope somebody have them.

quidtum
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I've got a nice looking copy but please no sharks for a trade :hi:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

John K
[ * ]
Wow! Naked chicks and eels. I kinda wanna see it...

mondoboy
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
It's available for free at CG...
Cinehound,the forum that kill your bank account!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Italian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply