Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
DVD's/BLU RAY's TO HAVE!!!; No VHS/ no English friendly or cut up
Topic Started: Nov 18 2011, 10:22 AM (1,019 Views)
bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
dekadentast
Oct 11 2013, 11:48 AM
Harm
Oct 11 2013, 10:02 AM
For me it's simple: I want to see the best available version.

Not gonna fuck around with an old fullscreen VHS tape, when there's a nice widescreen DVD. Won't watch the cut DVD, when there's a VHS release that's uncut.

Nice to see there is other with this view. I always want the best alternative. That is why I only collect VHS of movies not released in a better format. Don't care about how rare they are.

But I truely must agree with kingofB. Kidnapped is an incredible great movie. Have also just seen the "original" version but damn it's good. If you haven't bought the DVD yet there is a blu-ray release of the movie out now. Haven't checked it out yet since there are to many movies to buy if I also have to upgrade all my DVDs with blu-rays. Just the most important are getting an upgrade, or if there are more great extras on them.

I also share the exact same view. I'll keep a tape if it's uncut or has alt. footage. Will try not to buy a DVD or Blu Ray if it's cut (the recent Top Sensation release from Camera Obscura being an exception)

re: Rabid Dogs - For anyone wondering about the 2 versions, stick to the 'original' Rabid Dogs version and avoid the newer Kidnapped edit - it's fucking shit.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply