Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Short reviews of weird movies
Topic Started: Nov 30 2011, 04:53 PM (55,981 Views)
Kothar
Member Avatar
Star Member
As jack has mentioned in this thread (http://z9.invisionfree.com/THE_CINEHOUND_FORUM/index.php?showtopic=6390), we must turn back to the beginnings of the forums, means more movie reviews and generally talk about movies.
So I'd like to open a thread where i want to write from time to time about obscure and rare movies from all over the world.
So not the thousandth review of, for example EVIL DEAD or DAWN OF THE DEAD or HELLRAISER,
no, i mean really little-known movies, where even now in the worldwideweb is not really much to find.
But expected not huge, detailed reviews because

1. my english is not so perfect so i will write here no big attachments

and

2. the most movies i'll write about something, have a language (spanish, tagalog, bahasia or other) where i, unfortunately, nothing can say about the finer points of the story.

enough blabbing, let's start with a south of the border

Hombre desnudo, El aka Balacera a muerte

Mexico 1976

Director: Rogelio A. González

Cast: Barry Coe, Jose Alonzo, Irma Lozano, Barney O'Sullivan

Right at the beginning we see a young girl is attacked by a bandit. He rips her clothes off and tried to rape her.
But a young gunman comes along and saves her.
Then we see a celebration in a small town. Almost all inhabitants have gathered to sing and dance.
But suddenly attacked bandits the cheerful company. Some of the villagers are shot immediately and most women are raped.
At the end there is a massacre, in which all inhabitants are killed, except for a seriously injured young girl .
This is found by the young gunman who had helped in the beginning the other girl.
With the help of a doctor the girl's life can be saved.
The young gunman keeps track of the murderer, because with one of the bandits he has still an old score to settle.

Oh holy shit ! Here we have a western, but what kind. Unbelievable nasty and violent. Already at the massacre of the inhabitants, no prisoners are taken. The entire people are shot. In slow motion we are witness as women, men and even children are brutally shot down. Apropos slow motion. Each! Shooting in the movie is really celebrated in slow motion. The makers must have seen a lot of Sam Peckinpah films. :lol:
But also the rape scenes are presented in slow motion almost endless. I think i have hardly another film seen with so much slow motion sequences.
We have a lot of bloody bullet holes, shots in the head, brutal beatings and rapes, full nudity, as one of the bandits is hit in the stomach we seen even very shortly the intestines hanging out !! and many more.
Also the snowscape is very good for the movie. It brings back memories of Corbuccis "Il Grande Silenzio" (without, of course its class to reach) or the Spanish "Condenados a vivir".
And the end of the movie is again unbelievable.
Perhaps in the eyes of serious western movie fans not a good movie, but for fans of sleaze, exploitation and violent movies a revelation.
Clear recommendation.

Some screenshots

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

P.S. The uncut very rare viodeo mex vhs which i have, is on ebay. Our mate Bill Knight has a copy to sell. :hello!: ;) :tapelove:

See here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALACERA-MUERTE-ra...=item19cacd83fc
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bill Knight
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Nice review with some screenshots!

This movie surprised me alot as I had never watched it before even though it was in my collection for many years.

I watched it recently and made a short synopsis for my eBay listing. I've never seen a Western as gory and nasty as this one :hello!:
Posted Image
MIDNIGHT LEGACY
Giving the films the respect they deserve!
http://www.midnight-legacy.com

eBay auctions (rare VHS tapes from around the world):
http://shop.ebay.com/midnight_1/m.html?_nk..._from=&_ipg=200

Kothar
Member Avatar
Star Member
Yeah Bill, this movie was a surprise for me too.

Here is another obscure movie

Bangis

Philippines 1996

Director: Rogelio Salvador, Philip Ko

Cast: Monsour Del Rosario, Jasmine Reyes, Orestes Ojeda, Mike Gayoso, Philip Ko

A group of 9 mercenaries will eliminate a camp in the jungle with rebels (or something similar). The action succeeds, the whole camp is wiped out and captured the leader of the rebels. But during the fight, there is a strange occurrence. A large glowing ball of fire stops briefly both warring sides in breathing. The soldiers set out on the road, but at night the leader of the rebel disappears without a trace. In the search for him there are only a big hole with only a few bloody remains. The next morning you come into a village that is deserted, but where are all those holes in it with a few bones and bloody rags. Then a girl is found, which is but under Shock. It turns out later that she is the only survivor. They later reported that a creature which moves under the ground killed all the villagers. After the destruction of another rebel camp, an unknown enemy is on their trail now, and the mercenaries are from hunter to the hunted. Soon there will be the first victims, and it turns out, that the merciless enemy is not human and is superior to them.

And if this story sounds familiar, please raise your hand.
Yes, this is a clear Predator rip-off and of course just a cheap as a few years earlier Bruno Mattei's Robowar. Maybe even a touch cheaper here, but which can not reduce the fun at all. But before the "Predator" shows up here, there are tons of shootings and explosions as seen in many filipino jungle actioners . Here, the "Predator" rapidly move under the earth (much like the critters in the Tremors movies) and pulls down his victims.
There are some scenes that are almost one to one as the original. Who doesn't remember the scene from the original Predator as Carl Weathers loses his arm. Well, here loses one of the mercenaries both arms.
While in the original movie Arnie alone denies the final battle, here are the remaining survivors fights together against the "Predator" .
This film is actually more jungle action than horror / scifi, but it's actually very funny enterainment with relentless fights,shootings and explosions.
Is absolutely worth a look.

Screens:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and still a nice clip from youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oeP0dGoj70U

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
So weird! Please continue with this stuff, we need it :D

Kothar
Member Avatar
Star Member
more

Angeles de la muerte

Mexico 1993

Director: Fernando Duran Rojas

Cast: Jorge Reynoso, Patricia Rivera, Diana Ferreti, Pedro Infante Jr.

The two sisters Amanda and Lorena are popular everywhere. They support the church and help in the soup kitchen. They also take care lovingly for street children and adolescents. But what nobody knows is that the sisters lead a double life. In the evening they go to bars in order to seduce men, take with them, only to kill her then brutally. As two teens who work for the sisters trying behind the secret of the sisters to come, the situation escalates and the sisters are now completely insane. They even kill the priest, but a curious journalist and the police are already on their trail.

A little remembers this Mexican thriller on the spanish movie "Una Vela para el diablo aka A Candle for the Devil". But while in this movie the two sisters murdered tourists from sexual frustration and hypocritical morality, it looks in this mexican movie a bit different.
Here is the reason for the madness and the hate of the sisters hidden in a very long ago event.
As little girls, the two witnessed the brutal murder of their parents.
In an outdoor picnic, the family is attacked by two men. The father is brutally stabbed to death and the mother is killed by a shot in the head while she is raped!!!
That such an event leaves traces on the girls, should be clear.
Now as adults they have built a shrine in their basement for the coffins with the remains of their dead parents. From revenge and hate they kill the men.
The killings, which are executed with knives, are not turned out too bloody. We see a throat cut, knife through the neck and a few bloody corpses, but not anything too explicit.
All in all an average thriller without too big lengths. Nothing special, but good entertainment.

screens

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Bill Knight
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I think each of these reviews should have their own separate, titled thread in the appropriate section of the forum?

It's great to see Kothar doing reviews for these wild films. They should have more exposure in the forum so maybe more people will comment on/or view them. Just a thought...
Posted Image
MIDNIGHT LEGACY

sleazeman2001
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Kothar
Dec 5 2011, 06:06 PM
more

Angeles de la muerte

Mexico 1993

Director: Fernando Duran Rojas

Cast: Jorge Reynoso, Patricia Rivera, Diana Ferreti, Pedro Infante Jr.

The two sisters Amanda and Lorena are popular everywhere. They support the church and help in the soup kitchen. They also take care lovingly for street children and adolescents. But what nobody knows is that the sisters lead a double life. In the evening they go to bars in order to seduce men, take with them, only to kill her then brutally. As two teens who work for the sisters trying behind the secret of the sisters to come, the situation escalates and the sisters are now completely insane. They even kill the priest, but a curious journalist and the police are already on their trail.

A little remembers this Mexican thriller on the spanish movie "Una Vela para el diablo aka A Candle for the Devil". But while in this movie the two sisters murdered tourists from sexual frustration and hypocritical morality, it looks in this mexican movie a bit different.
Here is the reason for the madness and the hate of the sisters hidden in a very long ago event.
As little girls, the two witnessed the brutal murder of their parents.
In an outdoor picnic, the family is attacked by two men. The father is brutally stabbed to death and the mother is killed by a shot in the head while she is raped!!!
That such an event leaves traces on the girls, should be clear.
Now as adults they have built a shrine in their basement for the coffins with the remains of their dead parents. From revenge and hate they kill the men.
The killings, which are executed with knives, are not turned out too bloody. We see a throat cut, knife through the neck and a few bloody corpses, but not anything too explicit.
All in all an average thriller without too big lengths. Nothing special, but good entertainment.

screens

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

One of my fav's mate. I will try and post some flicks myself in a few weeks, consumed with so much on my plate right now but will for sure.I love this stuff!:)

Bill Knight
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I hear you Eddie. It can be time consuming watching and coming up with plot synopsis' for some of these films. Very little information is available online or at all for some of these wacky films. For alot of these films which I offered/offer on eBay I wrote the plot synopsis myself.

Maybe I should post on this forum some of my plot synopsis' I wrote for eBay for some of these films?
Posted Image
MIDNIGHT LEGACY

sleazeman2001
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Bill Knight
Dec 6 2011, 02:23 AM
I hear you Eddie. It can be time consuming watching and coming up with plot synopsis' for some of these films. Very little information is available online or at all for some of these wacky films. For alot of these films which I offered/offer on eBay I wrote the plot synopsis myself.

Maybe I should post on this forum some of my plot synopsis' I wrote for eBay for some of these films?

Def. 'DO IT' Bill, I have a few Mex-cinema flick's and other's that I know will boggle EVERYONE'S mind!:) :tapelove: :cheers:

Alvin Purple
Member Avatar
[ * ]
I second Eddie, Bill. I would love to see some of your synopses/reviews.

And you too, Eddie—get some of your reviews up when you have the chance. Love that Mexi-sleaze! :cheers:

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · General Movie Talk · Next Topic »
Add Reply