Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
The business of Global Video
Topic Started: Apr 14 2012, 12:20 PM (1,022 Views)
Ninja Dixon
[ * ]
Some of you might have bought, or planning to buy, DVDs from Mr. Nausod Mohamed in South Africa, owner (?) of the company Global Video. He's selling bootlegs of other peoples movies, and because I wanted to check out his print of Thunder of Gigantic Serpent (to maybe use it as a source for my upcoming, legal, DVD) I had to buy 10 damn DVDs to get that one. So I did that. Payed him the money. And waited. And waited. Three times I contacted him about sending me the discs, but nothing. Now, one year later I decided to make a complaint to the police in his town - not demanding the money back, but telling them about his bootleg-business and how he sells stuff and fools idiots like me of their money.

He got furious. Lots of "fuck you" and "fuck off" in the emails that followed. He started to talk about the amazing Bobby A. Suarez, who was a victim of his bootlegging once and had these words to say about the late Mr Suarez:

"i told booby that he's movies are all shit and dont sell thats why h got pissed.
thats a fact they are slow grade shit and i will tell him that again. ‎good he is dead as he was talking shit anyway".

I think those word says a lot about Mr Mohamed. He's not in it because he likes the movies, he wants to earn some quick cash on movies he don't own the rights to distribute on DVD. He slandered one of our more beloved cult directors and of course I feel upset because of this.

He sometimes have a lot of rare movies, but remember - he's not the owner of the rights and just do it to get some money. It means nothing to him. Don't give him more money. He's not worth it.
http://ninjadixon.blogspot.com
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
So is he in jail now? Although somehow I doubt the South African police actually cares :)

Anyway, when is the Thunder of Gigantic Serpent dvd coming out?
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified

Ninja Dixon
[ * ]
No, he's not in jail.

Thunder will come out when more people buy The Killer Elephants so I can get money to print it :)
http://ninjadixon.blogspot.com

John K
[ * ]
I think this is the guy they're always complaining about on 35mm collecting forums, too (I don't imagine there can be that many cult-movie-swindling Nashauds in South Africa, though I've been proven wrong in assumptions before). Basically, pretty much any money that goes to him just disappears. Apparently a few people have gotten things out of him, but they basically have to go down there and perform the transaction in person to ensure everything goes through. Definitely the shadiest characters, it sounds like.

driller1
[ * ]
hi guys
what nonsense is this guy ninja talking about?he received his movies
as for rights,i never claimed to own rights of movies unless its the spaghetti westerns i released
what bull is this about complaining to police,they dont care about movies .
i sold many 35mm and 16mm movies
just recently i sold over 500 16mm prints to a collector including 66 x35mm prints 500 shorts
every item was shipped to him without any problems.as for bobby saurez:the man is dead but he tried stopping me selling original copies of movies of which i distributed in south africa.
who is he to stop me selling movies to anyone ,anywhere?
i told him to go and sell emails to everyone in the world who is selling his movies .never heard from him after that .just heard he passed away.
i didnt care about the man at all.my opinion.
i own rights to plenty of spaghetti westerns in south africa,but why what right do i have to tell my customer not to sell his copy to someone abroad or on ebay?
he bought it legally and he sold a legal copy .its his dvd to sell to whomever he wants.
my firend bought the rights to 3 movies from bobby to distribute over here.he made me the agent .sold me 500 of each movie.i could not even sell 30 of each title over here as people told me its total garbage.
had to sell them @$1 EACH.still found it difficult to sell,even on ebay
we eventually gave them away for free.you buy any dvd from us and get 1 of bobby's movie's free.
customers took the deal but still complained it was crap even though it was free.
so ninja get you facts straight before you come and post rubbish here
you got your movie .
i hope this clear things up

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
any upcoming spaghetti western dvd released naushad?

will give you an arm and a leg for "lets go and kill sartana" even the movie is probably crap ...
Edited by shootgringoshoot, Sep 7 2015, 07:40 PM.

driller1
[ * ]
i dont know whats lets go kil sartana
my next releases will be vamos amatar sartana george martin
3 gun showdown george martin

double george martin

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
driller1
Sep 8 2015, 06:19 AM
i dont know whats lets go kil sartana
vamos amatar sartana = Let's Go and Kill Sartana

hope this release will come ...... were some titles in the past you anoinced, but sadly you could never release.
Edited by shootgringoshoot, Sep 8 2015, 07:40 AM.

driller1
[ * ]
hi
thats because there is no money in releasing spaghetti westerns
no profit to be made
i would rather release italian vietnam war movies.i sold 10 times more dvds of this genre that westerns

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
yes westerns are not that popular anymore ..... only a small group of people that buy these on dvd

why don't you sell Let's Go and Kill Sartana to wild-east? I am sure they would like to release the movie ... and have the market for it.
ofcours also depending how much money you would like to have for Let's Go and Kill Sartana.
Edited by shootgringoshoot, Sep 8 2015, 07:57 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply