Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
My new project! A cinema room!
Topic Started: May 10 2012, 05:30 PM (3,478 Views)
gialloboy
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Hi guys,

I have been awfully bored in the past while and decided to do a bit around the old hobby :)

As we have recently cleared the debts on our house I have decided to do up the box room and install a "cinema" in there...

First steps have been taken today and the old built-in wardrobe has been taken out and replaced with shelves to house DVDs and Blu rays. Plus space for a minibar which should come in handy for my beloved beers and fine spirits :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Next step will be a paint job (ruby red) and putting carpets on the floor...

The screen will go up on the wall to the right:

Posted Image

Not sure yet if I will mount a HD projector on the ceiling or hang a flatscreen telly on the wall. Time will tell...

On the opposite wall I thought I'd install an old Video shop rack to display about 25 super cool Video tapes...

This would go up here:

Posted Image

I also have bought/bought back/kept some tapes that I intend to display

Posted Image

Will keep giving updates on progress of this little project...
Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Quote:

Not sure yet if I will mount a HD projector on the ceiling or hang a flatscreen telly on the wall. Time will tell...

doesnt make much sence to hang a projecter from the the ceiling if you dont have the distance to project ....... would be a very small projection than......

this is how my video room looks at the moment!
I have to find a nice system to but my tapes against the wall ...... probably will end up the ikea billy shelves ........ again ....
the baby room has priorety at the moment ...... the video room will be done first in a couple of months

Posted ImagePosted Image

Joos
Superstar Member
héhé, i know the feeling Tom,

We're gonna move out in july so, so everything keeps on piling up for now...
but once moved in (and after te most priority jobs in the house) i'm gonna make a Library next to my living room. Completly stuffed with video's, DVD's, cd's, Lp's and all our books offcourse... (also those from the misses, gatta keep her happy too ;))

looking forward to it...
"A plumber? on a sunday?"
"No, It's the Cinehound Mob-Squad, knocking at ya door"

Posted Image

goblindave
[ * ]
Hi Mike
Very nice! How much will you charge per ticket ?
Hope I get a invite to a premiere !

Dave

gialloboy
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Starting to fill the shelves with a bit of life now...

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

cannibal man
Superstar Member
gialloboy
May 26 2012, 02:36 PM
Starting to fill the shelves with a bit of life now...

Posted Image

Posted Image

its beginning to look the part now mike. :)
WHEN THERE IS NO MORE ROOM IN HELL THE DEAD WILL WALK THE EARTH.

gialloboy
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Started painting today, more shelves and carpeting to come in the next few weeks
Posted Image

n221076o
[ * ]
gialloboy
Jun 9 2012, 08:47 PM
Started painting today, more shelves and carpeting to come in the next few weeks

:cheers:
Posted Image

gialloboy
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Update!

Before going on my well deserved holiday I have finally completed the painting and carpeting!

Mind the color in the pictures is off, it is not a bright red, more like a dark ruby.

DVD shelves. Bottom right will accomodate the bar! The screen will go on the leftern wall.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The back wall will get more DVD racks and shelves to display Videos. Old Video store style

Posted Image

The courtain will be replaced by a long, heavy velvet one in the next step. The lamp will also have to go.

Posted Image

Carpet. Nice and cosy

Posted Image

Getting more DVD racks and the Video units custom made. These will be fitted when I am back from North Korea in September.

More pics then. :)

So long!

Posted Image

gialloboy
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
There is only one poster worthy to decorate this sanctum of Euro Trash!

To be framed this week!

Posted Image
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Non-Movie Talking · Next Topic »
Add Reply