Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
200 indonesian ex-rentals; betamax
Topic Started: May 28 2012, 09:04 PM (7,548 Views)
shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Sunday my parents are visiting us again from holland, and they are taking around 200 indonesian ex-rentals along I bought some time ago!

first I asked the seller to sell me only the tapes that look like action movies .... than I thought ..... who knows what is among this bunch! so I took them all.

the guy told me its a whole bunch of mixed tapes.
orriginals, copied sleeves, copied tapes etc.
the tapes belonged to a "molukker" who had a video-rentalstore in holland. he had the tapes for ages in storages and gave them to the guy I bought them from.

since i never saw an indonesian ex-rental tape before ..... I imagened that this batch was pretty rare, and if he wouldnt buy them...the tapes probably ended up with the trash!

all tapes are betamax ..... that is a bit of a pitty ...... i do have a beta player ..... but I had some problemms with it in the past. some tapes he plays fine, other tapes stop running each minute :(

so in a week I will post pictures of the indonesian tapes!
cant wait to get them!

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Metalian
Member Avatar
Star Member
They look beautiful, that's for sure
http://www.rarovhs.com.ar

dag-johnny
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Wow. Looks great. First time I see Indonesian tapes.
Can be some great and rare films among them.

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
They look amazing! Probably our friend Jack knows better about the movies. My Beta player has a similar problem too, tapes play fine for about 40 minutes but as the machine starts to warm they stop every 5 minutes and then every minute. It's the machine, not the tapes. I tok it to an engineer and he changed the capacitors. Then the player was OK but not for long, the same problems again. But I'm thinking seriously to repair it again.

cinehound
Member Avatar
Administrator
And there are obviously some horror films there too... :up:

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
JackJ and Kothar stuff. :up:
Posted Image

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Just don't tell, Kothar. He'll want them all!! :lol:

Great that you're getting them all, Tom! :cheers: :tapelove:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Im thinking of putting the movies that look interesting to me on dvdr, and make a sleeve scans of the artwork .....

what would be the best place/forum to find collecters of indonesian movies?
will be selling/trading most of the tapes.

rchdggr
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Nice! I'd definately be interested in buying some!

Kothar
Member Avatar
Star Member
Wow, great find Tom.
That are really rare, that's for sure. I guess i have a lot of them (i have now around 270 indomovies),
but one or the other would be interesting. But i have no beta player :( "oops!:
That's the problem. But if i can a dvd-r of the movies possibly i buy some.
On the pictures they are some good movies.
DUKUN LINTAH, MISTERI 8 PENDEKAR, KUTUKAN NYAI RORO KIDUL, PENDEKAR KELELAWAR.
I have these.
Two of them i can't see really and Tarsan Kota (1974), Melawan Badai (1974), Cincin Berdarah (1973) and Tjisadane (1971) i haven't.
I wait for a complete list of the movies.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply