Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Greek cult cinema???
Topic Started: Jul 18 2012, 08:36 PM (4,319 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I know about Asian cult cinema. I know about Turkish cult cinema. I know about Euro and American cult cinema. But I don't know shit about GREEK cult cinema!!!

I can't find any text info on this. No books. No chapter in the Mondo Macabro book. No online websites. Can someone please write an intro to Greek cult cinema!!! Please. :hello!:

What's good, what's not?? What's trashy cool cinema, what's lame mainstream???

Who are the good directors?? Which actor names should we look for???

I see Miltos has a few Greek films on eBay but I don't know if they're any good. Are they easy to follow when you don't understand Greek? Turkish films are like cartoons, you don't really have to understand the dialogue. :lol:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/THE-THUNDER-HERO-G...=item1e701f87af

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MADAM-ROZA-S-BIZAR...=item1e70275a42
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
As the thread headline indicates this thread isn't just about Greek horror films, but Greek cult films in general.

Here's one that I've just won (that some unknown guy said was really good and that I ought to buy). :D

DEADLY TRAP (PAGIDA STIN ELLADA)
directed by Andreas Katsimitsoulias (1982)

Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Greek Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply