Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Spaghetti Western Collection
Topic Started: Sep 16 2012, 10:01 AM (4,906 Views)
shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
The new hype seems to be too post a topic with pictures/movies of your collection (even their allready was a topic for this) ...... So I cant stay behind! ..... no movie .... theirfor some behind the scene information ;)

Since a couple of years I have been collecting spaghetti westerns.

The passion for the spaghetti westerns came when I was a child ..... the sergio leone movies allways made a very big impression on me ..... can remember as a child seeing the good the bad and the ugly and the movie was just overwelming! it couldnt get any better! ...... the whole movie would be staged over after with my playmobil.
a couple of years would past .... the playmobil was out of the picture, but everytime when I would see a leone movie ... new qualities of the movie would accure to me and the love for the movies would only grow. I started to dig into the spaghetti western gerne saw the sergio sollima westerns, and went deeper into the gerne .... the sartana's, djang's, sabata's, trinities etc.... a whole new world opened for me .... the world of italian B cinema!

I started with collecting dvdr's from each spaghetti western made between 1960 and 1980.
in a very short period of maybe 2 years I collected more or less all movies that I was after ..... a few titles are still missing, but they were probably never released on video/dvd or broadcasted on tv.

I decided to start to collect some video labels, and short after my goal was to collect at least 1 video copy of each spaghetti western made between 1960 and 1980.
also I want to collect every spaghetti western released in holland on tape (Im dutch .... only i life in switzerland :wink: )

ruffly sad, their were about 700 spaghetti/euro westerns made between 1960 and 1980

My collection is growing every week ..... but i came to a point were it becomes really hard to find/trade tapes I dont allready have .....
Or I need tapes that are so rare that I cant find them ..... or when they are available they have a price of being pretty expensive, I mean the italian tapes!

their are still around 140 titles I am after on tape ..... say that 30-40 I spotted on video and have a price between 1euro and 50euro .... so they are just on a list of stuff I have to buy ..... than their are round 50-60 titles I dont even know if they are released on video. and say 40 tapes that are so rare that the chanses are very small to find them.....

I have around 775 video's in my collection at the moment

since the video collection is growing very slowly .... i am going to expend my collection by collecting also dvd's of every spaghetti ....... my dvd collection is much smaller ...... around 375 at the moment ...... also trying to collect the whole japanese macaroni western bible series.

these are images of my collection ..... most rows are double .... so behind each row of tapes is an other row of tapes

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
okerlo
Member Avatar
[ * ]
Looks great, thanks again.
"Fäuste-Bohnen und Karate" is this an Spaghetti Western / Martial Arts hybrid?

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
okerlo
Oct 11 2015, 08:50 AM
Looks great, thanks again.
thank you :tapelove:

Quote:

"Fäuste-Bohnen und Karate" is this an Spaghetti Western / Martial Arts hybrid?

yes it is ..... their are a couple of spaghetti western martial co productions.

1 is still missing from my collection.
it is a philipine / italian co production (not realy martial arts .... but asian :P ) Arizona Kid ... as far as I now only released in the philipines on video .... and I only know 1 video copy. the only version that I know of of this movie ..... can imagen that it is alos broadcasted on phlipine television.

these are some other spaghetti western martial arts cross-overs:
- red sun
- stranger and the gunfighter
- kung-fu brothers in the wild west
- my name is shangai joe
- return os shangai joe
- stranger in japan
- karate fist and beans
- tiger of the river kwai

there are also sme movies were a samurai or a karate guy plays, but the movies are not so martial arts themed
- five man army
- today it is me tomorrow you
- the white, yellow and the black
- three musketeers in the west
- death walks in laredo
- here we go again providenza

and probably a few more
Edited by shootgringoshoot, Oct 11 2015, 10:22 AM.

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
You really should think about putting all these VHS on http://www.spaghetti-western.net/ or at least post the pictures in the forum
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
some of my venezualian tapes

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Some tapes from my Brasilian collection

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Canisius
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Amazing collection and the biggest I've ever seen!:)

There are probably bigger collections out there (rumour has it that Cinecity-Rene has a gigantic collection for example) but I gotta confess that I'm a bit envious.
"These Parker House Rolls-they belong to my Ma!"

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I dont think rene from cinecity has any tapes left.
he was more a seller as a collector ...... and I can say that several dvdr's he is selling I got through me.
I have a friend (one of the owners of the wild east dvd label) I can imagen that his collecting is bigger or atleast same size as mine collection.

Canisius
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Nov 2 2015, 06:53 PM
I dont think rene from cinecity has any tapes left.
he was more a seller as a collector ...... and I can say that several dvdr's he is selling I got through me.
I have a friend (one of the owners of the wild east dvd label) I can imagen that his collecting is bigger or atleast same size as mine collection.
Ah ok, I didn't know that. Haven't bought anything from cinecity for years...is he still active?
"These Parker House Rolls-they belong to my Ma!"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · The Spaghetti Western VHS Museum · Next Topic »
Add Reply