Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
"RIVELAZIONI..." (AWE DVD); Cancelled...
Topic Started: Dec 7 2012, 09:19 PM (1,314 Views)
WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Well, Renato often re-edited his films to add hardcore at a later date. The hardcore versions just didn't always happen in the end. And he would sometimes re-release a film in a re-edited form, then re-release it again with new footage...then again...

Me and my partner had discussed releasing LA VERITA' SECONDO SATANA and OSCENITA' through our DVD label Sarcophilous Films a few years back and an agreement was reached with my friend for the licensing of them. It would have seen the softcore edit AND hardcore re-edit of LA VERITA' released as a 2-disc DVD and OSCENITA' would have been a 2-disc release also.
Alas, we had to halt work on our 3rd DVD release due to distribution woes and other issues and so the label became dormant until such a time as we could pick things up again. That just hasn't happened since...=(

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Merlin
[ * ]
It's a shame the AWE release has been cancelled. I was wondering what was happening with it... Is it confirmed?

It may be that there just isn't a big enough audience for his films? The announcement of the Redemption release goes back almost 10 years, I had a lot more hope for AWE!

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I honestly don't know. As i say, a friend of mine felt that RIVELAZIONI would have problems due to Redemption entering into administration a while back. But how that affects them now that they are back in business and hooked up with Kino Lorber, i wouldn't know. Perhaps they hoped dealing with AWE would test the waters on this one...see how it sells...?
All i know is what Mads was kind enough to keep me posted on. But this one HAS been postponed several times by Redemption over the years and now several times by AWE...i can't help but suspect that Redemption are the reason why it continues stumbling at the final hurdle rather than AWE...

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
As far as I can see AWE haven't cancelled it as such. It's still listed on their page and release date as TBA. But then again, who knows what THAT means. :unsure:

Scroll down:
http://www.anotherworldent.com/index.php?n=coming

Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

WANYON
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Indeed...no mention of them dropping it...just that it is no longer getting released in December as announced and has been postponed again. Probaby until sometime in 2013 now...

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply