Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Jess Franco WIP film confusion
Topic Started: Jan 22 2013, 10:55 PM (1,781 Views)
Cyclone82
[ * ]
I am trying to find these 2 WIP films and its causing a hell of a lot of confusion

Women Behind Bars - 1975
Des diamants pour l'enfer
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0381985/
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=11531

Jailhouse Wardress – 1979
Les gardiennes du pénitencier
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0214705/
http://www.dvdcompare.net/comparisons/film.php?fid=5577

What makes it more confusing is that the german dvds go by Frauengefängnis 2, 3 4 use different covers etc and its hard to know what one is what.

I have got this BU one coming
Posted Image

which I believe is the 1975 film but I am not 100% sure if it is if they are both called ‘women behind bars’
What I am looking for is the 1979 Jailhouse Wardress film from Blue Underground but I cant seem to find it anywhere either under the jailhouse or Women Behind Bars title so i am wondering if Blue Underground even released this and if dvd comparison is wrong?
And I am not sure if the German title for this one is Frauengefängnis 2, 3 or 4. There seems to be confusion on many sites about this too.

Please help!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

A.N.
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
The whole issue is just a little intricated. To summarize as clearly as possible:

1) Des diamants pour l’enfer = Prison de femmes = Women Behind Bars = Frauengefängnis 3.

This is the film produced by Eurociné and released on dvd by Blue Underground as Women Behind Bars.

2) Frauengefängnis = Barbed Wire Dolls.

This is the film produced by Suiss producer Erwin C.Dietrich. Contrary to what is often said, it is an entirely different film. The best dvd edition has been released by Dietrich’s own label V.I.P.

3) Les gardiennes du penitencier = Un paradis pour le brute, un enfer pour les femmes = Jailhouse Wardress = Frauengefängnis 2.

This is the French Eurociné re-edited version of Frauengefängnis. It includes sections of the latter film along with new sequences purposely shot. Alain Petit talks extensively about this alternative version of Frauengefängnis in his "Manacoa Files" as well as in an "extra" included in the French dvd Artus Films.

I hope this helps. :P

Cyclone82
[ * ]
Ok so I got number 1 and 2 coming

So is DVD comparison incorrect in saying there is Blue Underground DVD of Jailhouse Wardress? That’s the one I cant seem to find

unless i find the german DVD Frauengefängnis 2

A.N.
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Dvd Comparison is totally wrong when it says:

< Women Behind Bars AKA Les Gardiennes du penitencier uses footage from Women Behind Bars AKA Des diamants pour l'enfer >.

This is a mistake, because it confuses Barbed Wire Dolls with Women Behind Bars AKA Des diamants pour l'enfer.

Cyclone82
[ * ]
Ok problem solved, there is no 1979 women behind bars/Jail house wardress from blue underground then. Thanks for your help.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Thanks for the info A.N. Now I have another Jess Franco movie to get, or at least a other version. Do you know wich DVD to get of that movie. According to OFDB there is a dutch and a german release. Wich has the best picture quality?

Cyclone82: No there is not. And if you try the image comparison for the 1979 movie on DVDcompare you see that there is a comparison for german and BU release of the 1975 movie.

A.N.
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
dekadentast
Jan 25 2013, 08:03 AM
Thanks for the info A.N. Now I have another Jess Franco movie to get, or at least a other version. Do you know wich DVD to get of that movie. According to OFDB there is a dutch and a german release. Wich has the best picture quality?

Do you mean Le gardiennes du penitencier?
There are several versions:
1) The German dvd X-Rated has English and German audio tracks. I do not have this one, and I don't know its picture quality.
2) The Dutch dvd Video Film Express has English and French audio options, but I think that this film is available only in the "Nazi collection box set".
3) The French dvd Artus Films has French audio only, but if you understand French you'll find an interesting "extra" with Alain Petit talking about the film.
4) Lastly, there is also a Spanish dvd (Spanish version with Spanish audio only).

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Thanks again fot the info. Since I don´t know french or spanish I have to go with the dutch or german release. And according to OFDB the dutch is indeed only avalible with the Nazi Collection.

bdc
Member Avatar
Star Member
You could try here for that one:
http://www.omg-entertainment.nl/index.php?...491&language=en

0 in stock though so maybe best to contact them about it first (if it's still available).

Mario
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
A.N.
Jan 25 2013, 04:52 PM
4) Lastly, there is also a Spanish dvd (Spanish version with Spanish audio only).

Who released this and under which title?!?!? Didn't know it was out.
'Salvare la faccia' is not a giallo!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply