Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
BLOOD OF THE VAMPIRE (UK 1958); Uncut Continental Version on French DVD
Topic Started: Mar 26 2013, 10:53 PM (444 Views)
Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I know, I know... I announced the French release of the complete Continental print four years (!) ago, but finally it will be released by our friends of Artus Films. All the elements came from the better sources, so it can be the restoration of the year... Will be available in June, along with two other British horrors:

- Satan's Skin / The Blood on Satan's Claws - 1971 - Piers Haggard
- Horror Hospital - 1973 - Anthony Blach

Posted Image

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Jönas
Mar 28 2013, 12:42 PM
Will it be different than the two existing DVD's?

As long as you're talking about quality - totally. The specific scene from the Continental version (Karl tormenting the female prisoners then selecting one of them for Callistratus' experiments) comes from a 35mm print in the collections of the Cinémathèque Française, not from inferior sources like in the previous releases you mentioned. Same thing for the extended shots and other differences.
Anyway, I'll told you about this DVD as soon it'll be released. But I know the person who found the missing segments, and the other in charge of the restoration and release, both being close friends, so I'm sure it will be much better than any of the previous DVDs.

Sweeney Todd
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I don't know this German DVD but if the screen caps are faithful to the images it seems rather flat. Furthermore, I didn't read all the reviews but there's no mention of a Continental version in this disc, or am I wrong? at this moment I have no information on the running time of the future DVD but I'll post it as soon I'll get it.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · DVD, VCD & Blu-Ray · Next Topic »
Add Reply