Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flea markets: what is worth saving?
Topic Started: May 5 2013, 07:31 PM (42,296 Views)
Gastkramad
[ * ]
Really nice tapes! Just wondering, what movie is "The Man From the Organisation"?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Gastkramad
Jun 11 2013, 06:34 PM
Really nice tapes! Just wondering, what movie is "The Man From the Organisation"?

Can't check now but I think it was Street People http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074494/
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Jun 11 2013, 07:22 PM
Isn't the dvd slightly cut?
Also the vhs has the English dub.

Old-time HK film expert Andras (also a member here) says it's slightly trimmed but I've never compared the two prints myself. And yes, the vhs is dubbed in English which is actually pretty cool for this type of movie (in my opinion anyway). The dvd is subbed in English.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
candela
Jun 11 2013, 08:55 AM
The cover is hideous

Yes, absolutely awful! The old UK pre-cert cover is much better:

Posted Image
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
candela
Jun 11 2013, 07:55 AM
The top row of VHS, including The Beasts, I got from the same guy. He got them from a neighbour who apparently had a room full of those things and was getting rid of them as he was switching to DVD. He had a few more ex-rentals with him (more mainstream stuff like 1984 and Screwballs) but he said he had lot's more stuff at home which he was willing to bring next time. So hopefully the weather next weekend is ok and I'll be scoring big time, lol :)

Well I met with the guy and it was rather disappointing. Most of what he brought was sell-through, recent american movies and not interesting at all. Anyway I have his email and he'll contact me should he get more interesting stuff. Here are the VHS I found today on the flea market. Nothing special I guess

Posted Image

However I did find some other interesting items
DVD Collection

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
BRUCE LEE AGAINST SUPERMEN is a cool find! :up:

Deleted User
Deleted User

those super 8 movies are really cool! and i agree with the bruce lee one Really nice find!

I cant help but wonder which flea markets still have these? :o
Quote Post Goto Top

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
arivhs
Jun 16 2013, 05:21 PM
those super 8 movies are really cool! and i agree with the bruce lee one Really nice find!

I'm simply visiting local flea markets and garage sales, there are dozens each weekend all over Belgium.

- I've seen super8 before 1 or 2 times but nothing interesting like today.

- VHS you see quite a lot but ex-rental of anything remotely interesting is uncommon

- VideoCD is also uncommon and when you find them it's always the same movies like Top Gun . These are usually sellers that also have "games" for the amazing Philips CD-i (which I also collect since many of them are FMV garbage with bad acting) Most of my VCD collection is in this picture (quite pathetic :))

- I've never seen Betamax movies (couple of times I did see a player)

- I've never seen Laserdisc player or movies

- DVD: lot's of them but nothing even remotely interesting. I don't even bother looking at most boxes anymore
DVD Collection

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
you just keep finding nice tapers! does vier vuisten on empire has an uncut sleeve?

Deleted User
Deleted User

candela
Jun 16 2013, 07:40 PM
arivhs
Jun 16 2013, 05:21 PM

I'm simply visiting local flea markets and garage sales, there are dozens each weekend all over Belgium.

- I've seen super8 before 1 or 2 times but nothing interesting like today.

- VHS you see quite a lot but ex-rental of anything remotely interesting is uncommon

- VideoCD is also uncommon and when you find them it's always the same movies like Top Gun . These are usually sellers that also have "games" for the amazing Philips CD-i (which I also collect since many of them are FMV garbage with bad acting) Most of my VCD collection is in this picture (quite pathetic :))

- I've never seen Betamax movies (couple of times I did see a player)

- I've never seen Laserdisc player or movies

- DVD: lot's of them but nothing even remotely interesting. I don't even bother looking at most boxes anymore

not every flea market here in holland is free, so i kinda stopped going to them since i never find anything of interest.
Definately never seen super 8 or laserdiscs and cant recall video cds either. I think most people still sell that through the likes of marktplaats or ebay.

I would say your time at flea markets has been pretty rewarding and makes me think twice about it. Maybe i should go visit them again :)
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply