Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flea markets: what is worth saving?
Topic Started: May 5 2013, 07:31 PM (42,028 Views)
candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Nocturna
Oct 3 2016, 08:19 AM
Devils of Darkness , really love that one !
This looked the most interesting but turns out I already have it on German dvd. Didn't recognize it because of the different title
DVD Collection
European Adult VHS/DVD releases
Cult Actors: Identified
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Slim pickings but since it's an Antonio Margheriti it's ok

Posted Image

DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Big box Super Ninja ! My favorite ninja movie, bought the german DVD earlier this year. Bit of water damage on the back cover

Posted Image

First and only find this year. I guess it's pretty much over now for VHS at the fleamarkets near me
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
4 different markets, found 3 VHS, same seller

Posted Image
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
A day where you find an Antonio Margheriti movie is a good day. Did 2 markets yesterday, found tapes on both. Even left some adult ones

Posted Image
Edited by candela, Jul 17 2017, 06:53 PM.
DVD Collection

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Found 3 different sellers today

Bunch of adult/drama
Posted Image

Bunch of Ninja/action
Posted Image

Bunch of Beta tapes
Posted Image

The guy with the Beta tapes had a whole box of beta (at least 30 tapes, 90% Video For pleasure). He said he had once purchased the stock of an old video store (VHS and Beta). The movies in the box were all kinds of genres. He did not know what he had at home as it was all in boxes. Unfortunately at least half of the tapes in the box had (beginning) fungus infection (Beast has it unfortunately, Tombs has some water damage on the top cover).

Is anyone interested in bulk purchase? He seemed very willing to get rid of them. I will hopefully visit him this week (he lives close to me) and check out what he has, take pictures if possible.
DVD Collection

shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
wow great finds!

unbelievable ... I was looking for that kungfu brothers in the wild west tape for years and couldnt find it ..... i stop collecting spaghetti western tapes and I see 3 og them in a few months time!

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
shootgringoshoot
Sep 10 2017, 04:51 PM
wow great finds!

unbelievable ... I was looking for that kungfu brothers in the wild west tape for years and couldnt find it ..... i stop collecting spaghetti western tapes and I see 3 og them in a few months time!
Hehe, yes that is one of my more interesting finds. But it always works like that. I was for a long time on the lookout for The Gate DVD from DFW Extreme with the original poster cover. Few months ago I finally find it but it's some horrible re-release where they make it look like a Harry Potter movie. I buy it anyway. Exactly 1 week later I find the original Extreme release with the nice cover
DVD Collection

JohnTheBassist
[ * ]
You have PM
http://www.marktplaats.nl/verkopers/583324.html

candela
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Ok just got back. By quickly sampling the boxes I noticed immediately that anything labeled VHS was recent 90s garbage. So I just grabbed all the boxes marked "beta". I just wanted to get out of there since he turned out to be the typical bullshit talking salesman. Plus he slipped in a box of VHS which I told him I didn't want just so he could add +1 to the number of boxes. So I probably overpaid :) I just can't stand these people

I don't believe this guys story about the video store 1 bit since it looks like someone's personal collection. There's a few German tapes and after sorting through the boxes, there's also an entire box full of home recorded beta. Maybe the plastic cases can be of use.

Pictures (sorry bad quality)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Some interesting titles (for me) I noticed:
- several Margheriti films
- several Lenzi
- Tender and perverse emanuelle
- Nightmare (specimen)
- Blutiger Freitag
- Excessen in de folterkamer
- Vrouwenkamp
- Deadly Spawn
- Driller Killer
- Summertime killer
- Somebody's stolen our russian spy
- Wild Policemen
- Crazies
- Deathdream

No Ninja movies except the one I found yesterday and already have on DVD. What the hell !

Since I don't have a beta player, I don't want to keep anything really, maybe the westerns Vengeace/Town called hell (although this hard clear case doesn't seem original ?).

I need to get this stuff out of here as soon as possible. So I want to sell this as 1 lot (no shipping, Antwerp region). Beast in Heat will be sold separately since already 2 persons expressed interest before. Same goes for Tombs of the Blind Dead (which i might keep since this is one of my fav movies)

People that can throw in a nice Warner VHS of Hearts and Armor (starring Ron Moss from the Bold & the Beautiful) get preference :)
Edited by candela, Sep 12 2017, 12:31 PM.
DVD Collection

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply