Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flea markets: what is worth saving?
Topic Started: May 5 2013, 07:31 PM (42,012 Views)
Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Wauw! Rare ones there. :o

THE BEASTS!! That Dutch tape took me literally years to get hold of (from a Dutch collector). :blink:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
bdc
Jun 11 2013, 07:22 PM
Isn't the dvd slightly cut?
Also the vhs has the English dub.

Old-time HK film expert Andras (also a member here) says it's slightly trimmed but I've never compared the two prints myself. And yes, the vhs is dubbed in English which is actually pretty cool for this type of movie (in my opinion anyway). The dvd is subbed in English.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
candela
Jun 11 2013, 08:55 AM
The cover is hideous

Yes, absolutely awful! The old UK pre-cert cover is much better:

Posted Image

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
BRUCE LEE AGAINST SUPERMEN is a cool find! :up:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Very cool finds there, Candela!

Angel Fist is Cirio H. Santiago's second remake of his own film TNT JACKSON. He must have loved the script to shoot the same film three times (or he was too lazy to write a new script!!). :lol:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
candela
May 7 2016, 10:43 AM
Today I got some sell through (or bootlegs?) and cartoons

Posted Image
That's a great UN-PC cover for CAMP 5. :up:

Congrats on your findings. I should get cracking as well soon in regards to flee markets. They're everywhere now it seems. Unfortunately, I have a feeling a lot of it is crappy kid's toys and old knick-knacks. But as a collector you tend to never give up. :(

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I fully get your enthusiasm of going to flee markets. Me too. But yeah, it's a pain up the rear when you live in the countryside and have to drive for miles on end to find something - and often nothing.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
anthonyCSR
May 11 2016, 02:50 PM
Nocturna
May 11 2016, 12:51 PM
I understand that .. but I saw you found a great VDS tape recently Anthony .
Yes but not on a flea market ;)

But I have something coming; if I'm lucky, I will hit the cave of ali baba ;)
Awesome! Do let us know about it when/if it happens. :cheers:

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
RUSSIAN NINKA aka Russian Terminator is a masterpiece. Of sorts. :D

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply