Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Flea markets: what is worth saving?
Topic Started: May 5 2013, 07:31 PM (42,020 Views)
Deleted User
Deleted User

those super 8 movies are really cool! and i agree with the bruce lee one Really nice find!

I cant help but wonder which flea markets still have these? :o
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

candela
Jun 16 2013, 07:40 PM
arivhs
Jun 16 2013, 05:21 PM
those super 8 movies are really cool! and i agree with the bruce lee one Really nice find!

I cant help but wonder which flea markets still have these? :o

I'm simply visiting local flea markets and garage sales, there are dozens each weekend all over Belgium.

- I've seen super8 before 1 or 2 times but nothing interesting like today.

- VHS you see quite a lot but ex-rental of anything remotely interesting is uncommon

- VideoCD is also uncommon and when you find them it's always the same movies like Top Gun . These are usually sellers that also have "games" for the amazing Philips CD-i (which I also collect since many of them are FMV garbage with bad acting) Most of my VCD collection is in this picture (quite pathetic :))

- I've never seen Betamax movies (couple of times I did see a player)

- I've never seen Laserdisc player or movies

- DVD: lot's of them but nothing even remotely interesting. I don't even bother looking at most boxes anymore

not every flea market here in holland is free, so i kinda stopped going to them since i never find anything of interest.
Definately never seen super 8 or laserdiscs and cant recall video cds either. I think most people still sell that through the likes of marktplaats or ebay.

I would say your time at flea markets has been pretty rewarding and makes me think twice about it. Maybe i should go visit them again :)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

too bad it was raining. i would just let the covers dry in other words take them out of the box and let them dry.. then maybe place a load of books or tapes or whatevers heavy enough on them to take out the wrinkels.
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

nice catch!!!:)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

candela
Aug 17 2013, 05:02 PM
horrorC.K.
Aug 17 2013, 04:47 PM
I am amazed by all the great stuff still out there  :o

Around here it is dead!  "oops!:

You people already bought everything!

I also hardly find anything in Amsterdam. Best finds are here in Belgium in little towns close to where I live in the middle of nowhere :)

Also funny was the Ninja movie, it was in a box of cartoons being sold by a little girl. I asked her mother if she had more stuff like that but she just seemed to be under the impression it was a kids movie :wacko:

I watched tons of Ninja movies when i was a kid ;) :P
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

clones of bruce lee looks really cool :) your flea market trips always seem worthwhile :) :tapelove:
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

Nightmare City on Sunrise on a flea market would be enough for me to call it a great day ;)
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

recently found a v2000 player (grundig 2x4) but it uses a weird DIN cable which i dont seem to find anywhere sp no way to test it.. Sorry meant to use quote ;)

Already tried out your vcc player?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

dunno much about them.. does it have a seperate audio plug?
Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

candela
Aug 30 2013, 08:52 PM
arivhs
Aug 30 2013, 08:22 PM
dunno much about them.. does it have a seperate audio plug?

Nope, no separate audio

Another hilarious find. 2 self recorded tapes came with the player. One of them has a recording of Veronica Pinup Club with Ninjas! And they are getting naked ! :D

Posted Image Posted Image

lol veronica pin up club
Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply