Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
fake vs real
Topic Started: Jun 10 2013, 08:13 PM (1,775 Views)
cultman
[ * ]
I thought i would not be obliged to answer again. "I really doubt if you do" love animals meant my phrase, not my sayings. I did not meant his mind abillity but his true animal loving. I tried not to adress agressively to anyone,( and certainly not to you), that did not make a start, and i tried to be tame. But if "to contribute something serious", even more"crossing the path of a documentary." :D or ""not your thing" :lol: are not insulting, then we have different perception of this behaviour. I would send that as a pm to you, so not to continue this pointless arguing, but since you adress to me in public i have to defense this way my self too.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
As a complete sentence the last part does make it sound as if you're commenting on his mental capacity.

"third time i say it, i hope you catch it this time. I really doubt if you do".

If you didn't mean it that way it certainly wasn't clear. You don't need to defend yourself, I'm not attacking you. I'm merely asking you guys (i.e. all of you) to follow standard Cinehound rules of not posting personal insults.

And that's enough of that. If anybody else has more to say about the subject please continue to do so. :hello!:
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Harm
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Snuff is as old as the medium film. Ain't much you can do about that.

I've seen plenty of the stuff as a kid. Back then it was cool. Don't care for it at all anymore, since I don't find it exciting anymore. Moreover, it's not entertaining for my tastes. But I can still stomach it, no problem.

It's debatable whether Cinehound should allow it. After all it's not fiction. Either way, it's up to the head honcho around here and not anybody else. Apart from this, even if I wanted it, I wouldn't pay for it. There are numerous ways to get the same footage for free. I know some Muslims that I worked with, that come up with be headings etc. all the time.

Joos
Superstar Member
goddamn, this thread turned into a " save the animals form 30 year old films"-thread...

anyway...
my gues is that mondo film aren't docu's at all, it's just ridiculising of "tribe-people" or other people who aren't as "civilised" as us the people from the west... much of it is staged (of just badly acted) and the narrator in it always try to make them more barbaric...

docu's are some kind of report about something, with a more or less objective view on it.
"A plumber? on a sunday?"
"No, It's the Cinehound Mob-Squad, knocking at ya door"

Posted Image

Harm
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Documentaries are usually biased and not objective at all, albeit trying to come across as such.

Mondos are nothing more than faux documentaries, but then it can be argued that every documentary is a faux documentary. There is no such thing as objectivity. Just turn on FOX, or any other news channel.

As for the animal killings: I prefer people killings. On screen that is, not on my plate. But I still watch those spaghetti cannibal flicks, so I'm not super bothered by them.

goblin
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
I wish I hadn't read this post now, My curiousity got the better of me and STUPIDLY,STUPIDLY,STUPIDLY looked up Chechnyan Snuff .

Seen some footage of some poor bloke getting the back of his neck stabbed up with a knife.....quickly got off the page and I am now actually shaking and feel really sick to say the least. Ive never been a fan of Mondo type films at all and yet I went and looked at that vile,vile shit? I feel so deeply sorry for that poor guy and the 5 other blokes who were also reportedly killed.

Worst thing is I hear from guys at work etc there is really much ,much worse out there!!! the world really is full of horrid people, I just don't know how anyone could be capable of doing such a thing to someone and they were Laughing while they were doing it! :(

I certainly wont be looking up such things ever again, its stuck in my head now, but its my own fault for looking at it

gialloboy
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Told you to ignore...
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Forum Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply