Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Her Vengeance
Topic Started: Jun 19 2013, 05:16 PM (1,791 Views)
Cteve
Member Avatar
Star Member
Does anybody have Her Vengeance LD or a rip of it?
Also, can anyone confirm if the LD is the full uncut version fearuring the branch
in the mouth shot during the rape scene etc...
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Merlin
[ * ]
From the torrent description at CG - The composite was assembled by guthrietheloony....

-------------

Notorious Hong Kong 'I SPIT' rip-off that's someway better than its' role model and also one of the best Cat-III movies going.

OK, quality's not great, and I'm new to CG (how does one paste in sceenshots), but I can confirm that this is the uncut version, containing the 'branch in the mouth' shots (and various other little violent bits here and there) that are missing from almost every other version.

The uncut bits were taken from an uncut, unsubtitled VHS release on the Virgin label, and they do stand out from the rest of the film.

By which I mean, they're lesser quality than the rest of the film is."

----------

I suspect the unsubbed Virgin VHS is the only 'uncut' version or someone would've made a composite using the LD as source. But that's just a guess.

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I'd imagine there'd be a LD rip on CG if it was uncut. :unsure:
Posted Image

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
There is no "uncut" version. There exist two different edits (both official). One has more violence but less dialogue. The other has less violence but more dialogue. The info that I have is that a version like the fan composite was never released anywhere.
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines
The FLIPSIDE of Asian cinema: Backyard Asia

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
From Knetan's excellent site:
http://www.sogoodreviews.com/specialfeatur...nge_gallery.htm
2019 AD. The only blog that survived the nuclear holocaust: EN LEJEMORDER SER TILBAGE
The ONLY site in the world devoted entirely to trashy Filipino war flicks: When the Vietnam War raged... in the Philippines

Cteve
Member Avatar
Star Member
I'm aware of the CG upload (which is great), but the film is avi and the uploader already mentioned the poor quality of it. He probably used only VCD source + VHS.

I would like to make a proper restoration using DVD + LD material and of course the snippets from that rare VHS but also color correct all the scenes so that it flows better. Therefore, that's why I'm looking for the LD in the first place.

Inspector Tanzi
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
What's missing from the Fortune Star DVD?
Posted Image

bubikoglu
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Inspector Tanzi
Jul 21 2013, 12:40 PM
What's missing from the Fortune Star DVD?

The Fortune Star DVD trims the majority of the violence (both gore and sexual violence) and in some places offers a "softer" alternate take of certain scenes. The final scene at the club suffers the most cuts as does Shing Fui On's death in the car.
For violence/gore it's the worst (i.e. most cut) edition available but it does at least contain additional dialogue scenes and is the best looking version.

Jack J
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
There's a good screen grab comparison between the two versions here:
http://www.movie-censorship.com/report.php?ID=4049

- and bookmark that site! It's a good one.

Inspector Tanzi
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Cheers, Sef, Jack :cheers:
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply