Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dutch VHS Sleeves - Part 2; this time it's personal!
Topic Started: Sep 9 2013, 09:31 AM (17,138 Views)
petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
good work!!

As I have been slightly more active again in recent weeks, and acquired a few nice tapes in that while, I will be posting some scans too again... just waiting on three more packages to arrive!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Wow, dirty heroes looks cool! Very inspiring to see scans indeed
Vieux fusil is one i have on dvd that i'm looking forward too very much

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I've had some very fortunate last few weeks/months when it comes to tape collecting!!! + this fresh Dutch sleeve topic with the amazing collection of shootgringoshoot and others, brings back memories from when I first started discovering the International VHS community on Twitch and then soon after on this forum, where it seems it was me Danny.be and KingofB who could keep threads like this running for ever :)
But alas, time goes by, more and more tapes get discovered... and sleeve scans get burried. Also I started focussing the collection which meant far less random buying and tape hunting, and then when I moved to Windows 8 my old scanner stopped being compatible and now I'm using a ver clumsy printer-scanner combi that just isn't as nice...

enough excuses, I'm going to show off some of my new treasures, and because I started up the clumsy scanner I also took out some of my rarer Italian and German /genre tapes that I didn't have scans of yet, so I guess they weren't shown here before either (not scanned anyway).

let's start with those oldies:

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
and then the new ones:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Can't believe how happy I am with this one!! I love Japanese cinema and this movie isn't even listed on Imdb. On this label more Japanese rarities have been released that I haven's seen anywhere else. It is really the part of my collection I am most proud of and until not so long ago I didn't even know this one existed!!
my bounty of 120 euro for Invincible Super Chan on this lable still stands. Other Asian titles I still need are: Needles of Death, Challenge of Young Bruce Lee and Kung Fu Gang Busters

and then along came this:
Posted Image
wow, another instant favorite!!!
Love the small bit in the bottom-right corner where it seems to be a picture of a Dutch movie poster (maybe Indonesian??? was this ever released in Dutch cinema's???) with the title "De wreker van het slangeneiland" which translates in English to "the avenger of snake island"

btw I also thought I had found a copy of the Tarzan movie I listed in my wanted topic, but not all trades can be as happy as the ones above, so that one is back on that wanted list! will replace the image I had deleted in that thread

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
dekadentast
Sep 19 2013, 08:23 AM
All International Video releases I've got is of rare japanese movies, and everyone is letterboxed. Is that standard for all IV releases or just the japanese?

Truly awesome Magic Curse tape also. Is it in the original language or english dubbed?

A lot of their releases are letterboxed indeed. Also depending on the source of course. My guess is they bought all the Japanese movies from the same source and they had the proper masters. But a lot of those WorldwideVideo, Sunrise, VML movies are in the correct aspect ratio

I haven't popped in Magic Curse yet, but according to discussions elsewhere on the forum this should be an original language release!! I owned the UK tape before, which is great, but dubbed, original language always is something special.

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
dekadentast
Sep 19 2013, 08:31 AM
By the way when we talk about great asian movies, VUH seems to be a awesome company when it comes to release those movies. Have some great asian movies on VUH myself. But it would be really great knowing what else is out there.

VUH is a great label in general, I love it. They released a few very obscure movies and indeed also a lot of Asian stuff. I still need a few of those, but it's not an easy to find label in general...

I've got:

Dragon on Fire
Revenge of the Lady Fighter
Deadly Silver Angels
Devil's Express (not really asian, but... love it ;))
Lightning of Bruce Lee
the Kill (again only Asian-related)
Dirty Heroes
Ebony, Ivory & Jade
Hellraiders
the Warrior
Blood Money

next to some blaxploitation, other American b-movies, and sex-comedy stuff from Italy and Germany

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
That may be the case... not sure.. the same can be said for some Eagle6 and certainly some of the Sunrise releases (their Spanish films come to mind)
What I do know is that I love movies like Deadly Silver Angles and Devil's Express and I probably wouldn't know them if it weren't for these VHS releases!

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

petcor80
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
posts are dissapearing again like in the previous Dutch VHS sleeve thread...?
Might be my computer, or something is wrong on the forum

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply