Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Dutch VHS Sleeves - Part 2; this time it's personal!
Topic Started: Sep 9 2013, 09:31 AM (17,234 Views)
dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
OCP
Sep 9 2013, 02:58 PM
I don't really care for the cardboard boxes...I once had a Shoalin Death Squads on VML with a faded cardboard box, but sold it to Gert-Jan.

It is probably that one that Kurt (Member X) now has up on Ebay then. The collector world is small.

But I must say I also like those big cardboard boxes, always fun when there is something different with releases.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
horrorC.K.
Sep 10 2013, 07:56 PM
Posted Image

Awesome. Must be a pain in the ass that you miss some? How rare are these?

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
petcor80
Sep 17 2013, 10:03 PM
Posted Image
Can't believe how happy I am with this one!! I love Japanese cinema and this movie isn't even listed on Imdb. On this label more Japanese rarities have been released that I haven's seen anywhere else. It is really the part of my collection I am most proud of and until not so long ago I didn't even know this one existed!!

Great you liked it. Also really love that label, and that they have released asian movies not released anywhere else.
All International Video releases I've got is of rare japanese movies, and everyone is letterboxed. Is that standard for all IV releases or just the japanese?

Truly awesome Magic Curse tape also. Is it in the original language or english dubbed?

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
shootgringoshoot
Sep 9 2013, 10:16 AM
Quote:

Dekadentast

This has nothing to do with sleeves. But is a question about a Dutch release.

How rare is Terror in Roma on Eagle 6? Is there a good chance for me to get a hold of that movie for under 20?

Quote:

Pector80

Terror in Roma is not the rarest of Dutch tapes... but it is very wanted and if it's for sale it always does well, so I'm not sure if you'll get it under 20... a little luck is needed

...and some luck I got. I did get it for 145 Swedish crown now, which is about 16-17 .
Thanks for the info by the way. Always good to know what one can expect to get a tape for. Especially when I often don't know shit about values of tapes since I really don't care.

By the way when we talk about great asian movies, VUH seems to be a awesome company when it comes to release those movies. Have some great asian movies on VUH myself. But it would be really great knowing what else is out there.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Just wanted to continue on some labels that have been up for discussion.
Posted Image
Posted Image

and acutely, imo, one of the ugliest covers in my collection. Love how they have painted almost a whole cover but then just decided to cut in a photograph of two guys fighting.
Posted Image

But that doesn't beat arivhs first cover in terms of wierdness and ugliness. A true masterpiece.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
...and some from VUH. But I can't agree with shootgringoshoot on the picture quality. At least not on the releases I got. All have great picture quality and Jaguar Force and Warrior 2 are also letterboxed. With that said, maybe other releases have shitty quality, but when I have looked at this thread I'am even more convinced that they have released awesome movies. Love all of the VUH collections here.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

and two different VUH boxes:
Posted Image
Posted Image

Don't know where the hell my picture of Warrior and the Ninja on VUH went. But I can't find it now. Must take a new one.

dekadentast
Advanced Member
[ *  * ]
Petcor: No it's nothing wrong with your computer. It happens for me to. Think it could have something to do with all the pictures in each reply. I have to go in and push the reply botton to see what everyone has written.

EDIT: Okay I now see that someone else have found out how to read the posts. Refreshing the page didn't work for me thou.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · VHS / Beta / Video2000 · Next Topic »
Add Reply