Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Santet / Suzzanna; Indonesian Laserdisc
Topic Started: Jan 18 2017, 12:00 PM (202 Views)
shootgringoshoot
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Santet
1988 :: Mistic :: 94 minutes

Producer: Ram Soraya
Director: Sisworo Gautama Putra
Writer: Naryono Prayitno, Tim Soraya Film
Cast: Suzanna, IGL Jagat Karana, Jeffry Waworuntu, Joice Erna, Novie Chandra
Main language: Bahasa

Synopsis
(title translation: Witchcraft)

As his wife is always ill, Bisman starts becoming attracted to Katemi. To possess Katemi, Bisman kills his wife and incites the villagers against Sarma, Katemiís husband, for the murder. Sarma is then killed. Katemi escapes but falls into a cave where Nyi Angker lives. Katemi becomes Nyi Angkerís student. Meanwhile, Bisma takes over the position of the village head. He orders the villagers to find Katemi. The son of the old village head, Achmad, who has just returned from studying in a religious school, joins in the search. Katemi is found and returned to Bisman. But she already attained black magic powers. She takes her revenge on Bisman and leaves. From afar, Katemi keeps practicing her magic. Achmad tries to persuade her to stop but Nyi Angker will not allow it. Finally, Achmad manages to defeat Nyi Angker.
Note
This was the fifth most popular film in Jakarta, 1989, with 352,473 admissions, according to data from Perfin

I found this laserdisc a few years ago, but sadly the disc hat laser-rot, I could only play side 2 of the disc .... and also this side was infected by laser-rot.
Than recently I managed to find a second laserdisc of the movie ..... but this one is also has laser-rot .... the condition is pretty bad, but strange enough I can still play the disc. the image is almost unwatchable. the side 2 of my previous disc has a better playback, so I watch side 1 of the on disc and side 2 of the other disc.

The VCD
Runtime: 84:02min

Posted Image

The Laserdisc
Runtime: 94:38

Posted Image

I didnt compared the 2 versions yet, but I can imagen that the love making scene is missing on the vcd.
I will post screenshots of both versions later.

Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply