Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Welcome to THE CINEHOUND FORUM: Dedicated to Bill Barounis (RIP). We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ratu Buaya Putih / Suzzanna / Laserdisc; White Crocodile Queen
Topic Started: Jan 26 2017, 08:05 AM (764 Views)
Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Feb 9 2017, 09:52 AM
The only Suzzanna movies that are available with an english dub are "the Snake Queen" and "Queen of Black Magic"

You mean on LD or VCD?

-----

It's a shame that nobody has set out to release these movies on Blu-Ray. These movies have a huge fan base, but it's so hard to get hold of a decent quality, uncut release with english dub or sub. Surely some negatives must remain... :blink:

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
shootgringoshoot
Feb 14 2017, 04:50 PM
snake queen - video
queen of black magic - dvd & video
Samson dan Delilah South Korean VHS is in English. :)
Posted Image

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Jack J
Feb 25 2017, 04:12 AM
shootgringoshoot
Feb 9 2017, 09:52 AM
the only Suzzanna movies that are available with an English dub are "the Snake Queen" and "Queen of Black Magic"

I don't have the tape but my info is that this Japanese vhs of HUNGRY SNAKE WOMAN is also dubbed into English.

http://backyard-asia.blogspot.dk/2011/03/hungry-snake-woman-indonesia.html

Do you know if this is correct?
That's a really really rare tape (The Japanese). OFDB says it's dubbed in English and there's also a bootleg DVD that's probably sourced from the J tape and it's in English. Perhaps Bill Knight or Videohunter migh have it.
Posted Image

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Looking at the Japanese cover, I can see that there's quite a lot of nudity in the movie. Which would at least partially explain the massive cuts of the Indonesian VCD. OFDB says it's only about an hour long... :blink:
I've watched the movie ages ago (some VHS rip probably), but I really can't really remember how violent it was. Any gore?
I'm really curious about what you comparison will reveal.
Posted Image

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Thanks for this. Any gore?
The erotica in these kind films is usually quite tame by today's standards, but probably too much for the Indonesian censors. Fancy doing a VCD comparison? :P

What I remember about the S. Korean tape of Samson & Delilah, compared to the VCD (Indonesian I think), is that the entire eating in the tent was cut out. Nothing really happens, though the eating is rather suggestive as can be seen:

Posted Image

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
I might still have a DVD-R I made once (of S&D), I'd have to check.
For those who doesn't know, Hungry Snake Woman is part of a trilogy. I think I have the Perkawinan nyi blorong VCD somewhere.
Posted Image

Member-X
Member Avatar
Superstar Member
Godzilla-2000
Mar 5 2017, 07:48 PM
Actually there were four films (but only the first three starred Suzzanna).

Nyi Blorong Puteri Nyi Roro Kidul (1982) (aka "The Snake Queen")
Perkawinan Nyi Blorong (1983) (aka "Wedding of Nyi Blorong")
Petualangan cinta Nyi Blorong (1986) (aka "The Hungry Snake Woman")
Kisah cinta Nyi Blorong (1989) (aka "Nyi Blorong's Love Story")

Oh, thank you for the information. I was just citing the IMDB. :hello!:
Posted Image

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Asian Movies · Next Topic »
Add Reply