Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
Temple of Kraden News: Welcome to the Temple of Kraden! --------- Temple needs some new banners! Enter the design contest today! -------- Check out the Temple's Pokemon League! -------- KRADEN LOVES YOU --------- Always remember, use fresh orange juice. Only whores use frozen. --------- Enjoy your stay!
Greetings, heathen. Perhaps some fortuitous blessing of Kraden's grace hath led you to our humble Temple, or perhaps you are simply curious about this strange and wonderful cult. Should you be willing - and dare to hope - to achieve enlightenment, the door opens before you. Lo! Leave your old life behind! For once you step through, you become something more than just yourself.

You become a Kradenette.

Are you willing to make the rapturous plunge? Do you have what it takes?

One of us! One of us! One of us!

Already one of us? Make your presence known:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Clan Wars Redux; A Dracobolt and Werebarret production, with special thanks to Boydyboy~
Topic Started: Sep 29 2011, 12:29 AM (3,020 Views)
Jacob
Member Avatar
I'm buildin' a still to slow down time

Thatís right, fellas and ladyfellas, but [radio edit] you ladyfellas because #misogyny (kidding, ladies)

After extensive research and planning, weíre bringing back the greatest spectacle of an RP that the Temple has ever known. The one that reached dizzying heights and retarded lows.The retooled, reworked edition with a few new twists.
Whatís old (skip if you were in it, if you want)

Whatís new

So, the rest of this thread is a thread for questioning and commenting, to gauge interest in this RP. If I get enough, I'll continue with it. If not, then I'll shoot myself. Anyway, have at it.
Online Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Bane Martius Agni
Member Avatar
The One, The Only, Leader of Mars!

:!:

:werebarret:

Will
Member Avatar
Fly to where?

I was not around for the original Clan Wars, but I'm interested in the redux. And enough people will slap me around if I don't post, so yeah.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Saturos
Member Avatar
The essence of magic is to determine the root cause of all things.

[radio edit]ing. Amazing.

Also, the angel wings was actually avian, it came with a corresponding decrease in bone density and thus strength. Saturos was basically a glass cannon (but of course, a GOD by the end of it).
That being said, I love the revisions you made to Sol and Luna. They're actually plausible now, but still fun. :D

I am so down for this. I may not use Saturos, but we'll see!

Roman Reigns
Member Avatar
YES YES YES

Roman Reigns places the Wheat Sword on the wall and prepares for battle.

I am so ready for this.

Dean Ambrose
Member Avatar
Believe in The Shield

Eh, I'm down for this, why not?

:venus_djinn: :venus_djinn: :venus_djinn:

Gilgamesh
Member Avatar
Solbowz Aurarius

I may not have had enough time to GM this, but I might have enough time to RP in it. We'll see how it goes.

Syntyche
Member Avatar
Avatar of Venus, Creator of Broken Worlds, RKG, The Most Moe

Jacob
Sep 29 2011, 12:29 AM
randomkrisguy ([radio edit] you and your new name bullshit, Kris, Iím not [radio edit]ing having it).
what the hell is so good about my old name :|

Jacob
Member Avatar

Chrissy Syreal
Sep 29 2011, 01:31 AM
Jacob
Sep 29 2011, 12:29 AM
randomkrisguy ([radio edit] you and your new name bullshit, Kris, Iím not [radio edit]ing having it).
what the hell is so good about my old name :|
its amazing.

Dracobolt
Member Avatar
Puellas before fellas

stay on topic or i will mod you

:mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn: :mercury_djinn:

Syntyche
Member Avatar
Avatar of Venus, Creator of Broken Worlds, RKG, The Most Moe

I don't really agree with it, but w/e. Also thanks for acknowledging me as the brainchild of D&R. :3

I've actually been thinking about a ranking system that's more balanced and a lot closer in strength to high level chars from the games. I'll probably put more info on it in a lil bit

Nove Fidelis Incendia
Member Avatar

sounds fun... I just hope it'll last past 7 months if it goes through. That'll be when I can has net again, after training...

Necare
Member Avatar
Professional Lechrechaun

Nove Fidelis Incendia
Sep 29 2011, 01:53 AM
sounds fun... I just hope it'll last past 7 months if it goes through. That'll be when I can has net again, after training...
Laughing so much tonight.

Also, completely in. Jacob has stated the way Clan Wars started, progressed, and ended/is ending extremely well. I'm very interested in a redux, especially one that makes an effort to tie things together coherently, as well as reducing the hax that began to take over the RP.

It seems to me that with these modifications, Luna doesn't really have much to work with offensively in terms of psynergy. I don't really have an issue with this, however. The psynergy domains we came up with for Sol and Luna were interesting, but I think we got too carried away with creativity and what we could theoretically (and even using that to describe a lot of the things we did is a stretch) do.

If we use this system instead, Luna Adepts strike me less as overwhelming presences of crushing evil and darkness, and more as the subtle incarnations of shadow they could be. Assassins, sneaks, users of poison and other debilitating effects to make their opponents easier to take down. Deceitful and underhanded, rather than blatantly cruel and formidable.

That's how I'd like to write my character, at least. Not sure if I'd bring Necare back into this. I might actually like to focus more on Terakin, or a different character entirely. Terakin was always less psynergy-oriented and leaned toward the old reputations Luna had for being emotional terrors (the impact she had on Iskveda) and users of intricate torment (her implied mastery of torture methods and instruments.)

I must also say that I love the way we would handle battles this time around. I've actually considered using such a system for a few smaller projects ideas for the Temple I've had in the past. I'd like to see it implemented for a major undertaking as this.

:luna:

Jackal
Member Avatar
It's Pizza Night. - Temple Tsundere

Jacob

There were many, many, people, myself included, that took serious issue with some of the powers that were granted to Solians and Lunarians during D&R. Dracobolt and I have attempted to fix this while still remaining competitive with other clans. Here is our efforts:

The link right below the tl;dr

>The exact same words used for Sol and Luna appear right at the end of this
>Topic Creator: Jackal

I'm having some issues here, you two. >: |

Role
Member Avatar
Fulminous Witch
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Interesting. I'd love to join, but... I've been stuck in one hell of an RP rut for the last several years, so... Well, I'll be watching for sure. I still think you kinda have to grasp at straws to get five aspects for every elements, but you seem to have added some regulations to make them work, so that's good. Looks like a fun read - let's hope that y'all make sure you don't have crazy high ranks like I've seen before, though.

UltaFlame
Member Avatar
Christmas modo

Interest; I have it.

But I probably won't be Venusian. I have so many Venusians in templeRPs.

Iskveda
Member Avatar
Unlimited Prinny Works

I like. And best of all is that I wouldn't have to change Isk around much, should I choose to use him. Might just go all new though, have to see.

Jacob
Member Avatar

Jackal
Sep 29 2011, 03:56 AM
Jacob

There were many, many, people, myself included, that took serious issue with some of the powers that were granted to Solians and Lunarians during D&R. Dracobolt and I have attempted to fix this while still remaining competitive with other clans. Here is our efforts:

The link right below the tl;dr

>The exact same words used for Sol and Luna appear right at the end of this
>Topic Creator: Jackal

I'm having some issues here, you two. >: |
There were a decent amount of changes made from your topic, bro. Read closely <_<.

LSunnyC
Member Avatar
The Fallen Duchess

I have absolutely no time/energy, but this gets my full support anyways.

Might use a redux of Kastra, or a redesign of Sunny since creating items was my favourite part of D&R \o/

Bowz
Member Avatar

Spoiler: click to toggle

I might be interested, and I might join.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
ZetaBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Clan Wars · Next Topic »
Add Reply

Affiliates

Golden Sun Universe Golden Sun Hacking Community The Lost Waters Golden Sun Land Golden Sun Adept's Refuge Golden Sunrise

Visit the Zetaboards Theme Zone for a custom theme of your own!