Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Multiple Models; with only one object!
Topic Started: Sep 14 2007, 08:18 AM (5,118 Views)
detuhooja
Member Avatar
Advanced Killer
[ *  *  *  * ]
MysteriXYZ
Mar 21 2009, 09:10 PM
Hope that solves it ^_^ .
Thanks, now it works.
I will use one object for drawing everything and just aply them to other objects positions.
This should increase fps in my project(s).
<->
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

slojanko
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
How would I make GM read the coordinates for where to place trees from a file? Like in the Tech Demo
Posted Image

Despellanion
Member Avatar
Forum God
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
slojanko
May 1 2013, 11:30 PM
How would I make GM read the coordinates for where to place trees from a file? Like in the Tech Demo
Why don't you look in the tech demo code how it's done there?

slojanko
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
The codes used in that files also contain stuff like quality of the models, which I don't need. So finding the code that I do need is super hard :(
Has no one made an example like this?
Posted Image

Monty
Member Avatar
Forum Leader
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
http://s9.zetaboards.com/Ultimate3D_community/topic/7286619/1/

Doesn't the link that says "Here's an example on how to use it in a game" do it? (Sorry if it doesn't I honestly can't remember if it does it or not)

The functionality should work whether or not you use the level builder program.

Edit: I looked and it does have a function to do what you want:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Edit2: Oh wait my bad that's not actually multiple models in one. It doesn't make that much of a difference I don't think. Use c++ :P
Edited by Monty, May 2 2013, 11:51 PM.

slojanko
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Well with the multiple models per object I'm hoping to increase the fps that would otherwise be decreased with the amount of instances I would use to get a forest.
Posted Image

zelda4evr
Member Avatar
Forum God
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
slojanko
May 3 2013, 07:14 AM
Well with the multiple models per object I'm hoping to increase the fps that would otherwise be decreased with the amount of instances I would use to get a forest.
I'm pretty sure, the simplest way to deplete your instance number for static objects is to just deactivate the instance in game maker after u3d draws it, in my experience collisions still work after it's deactivated, but you have to reactivate before doing anything else with the instance.

Posted Image

« Previous Topic · Tutorials and examples · Next Topic »
Add Reply