Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ultimate 3D 2.0 final has been released; No new features, but bug fixes and more
Topic Started: Jan 17 2008, 06:03 PM (3,104 Views)
Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi everybody,

today Ultimate 3D 2.0 final has been released on Ultimate3D.org. All official downloads (all demos, the SDK and the collision example) come with this version now. Compared to the latest fixed dll this version doesn't contain many changes. Anyway in comparison to Ultimate 3D 2.0 RC there is a huge amount of bug fixes (but no new feature). Despite the object count limits have been raised. There can be up to 25000 primitives now and up to 15000 model objects.

Another new feature is that there is an Ultimate 3D 2.0 Game Maker extension package now. It can be found on Ultimate3D.org -> Downloads -> SDK. The extension package contains the current Ultimate3D.dll, all scripts that are documented in the help file and two action libraries for Ultimate 3D, which can make the use of Ultimate 3D more comfortable. The extension package is documented in the help file.

Which leads to the next change in this version. The help file has been updated in terms of content, the layout has been improved a little, the table of contents in the *.chm version is more useful now, some mistakes in terms of contents have been corrected and MysteriXYZ has written a nice Epilogue for the help file, telling you why you should read it. Also, the help file contains a link to a description of the Ultimate 3D model file format now.

To convert a project from Ultimate 3D 2.0 RC to Ultimate 3D 2.0 final simply follow the instructions in help file. A nice improvement on the new version is that it can be used with out the Game Maker option "Treat uninitialized variables as value 0". The disadvantage for you is that this means that you will need to update quite many scripts to take advantage of this improvement :P .

Finally there's one last major change. Ultimate 3D is licensed under a Creative Commons license now. To be more precise it uses the Creative Commons Attribution 3.0 Unported. This license basically says the following: You can use Ultimate 3D freely, as long as you give credit to me. This is in principle the same condition as with the old license, it is just that the Creative Commons license protects my rights better.

Any feedback on the changes, or on Ultimate 3D in general is appreciated. If you think that you have found a bug, feel free to report it here. The new dll fixes basically all known bugs, despite some, which either couldn't be reproduced or couldn't be fixed. The most important "bug" that couldn't be fixed is that anti aliasing doesn't work with post screen shaders. This can't be changed since texture render targets can't have multiple samples in DirectX 8.1. Other than that there's no major known bug that hasn't been fixed.

With friendly regards,
Dr. Best
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

skarik
Member Avatar
kitten eating scum
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Quote:

To convert a project from Ultimate 3D 2.0 RC to Ultimate 3D 2.0 final simply follow the instructions in help file. A nice improvement on the new version is that it can be used with out the Game Maker option "Treat uninitialized variables as value 0". The disadvantage for you is that this means that you will need to update quite many scripts to take advantage of this improvement tongue.gif .

:yahoo:

Quote:

This can't be changed since texture render targets can't have multiple samples in DirectX 8.1. Other than that there's no major known bug that hasn't been fixed.

:sad:
Blog|EHS

harkathmaker
Member Avatar
Persistent Enquirer
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay! U3D extension!

:cow:

Andrew75
Member Avatar
Andrew75
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wow ,, we have alot of new stuff to learn lol ,, anyways lots of great new stuff to play around with,, very impresive,
Posted Image
(SONIC CD REMIX)
check out my vids
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=tuxmask75
Check out our projects vids
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AXSXProject

The eleventh plague of Egypt
Member Avatar
Forum Leader
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
OH YEAH, LET'S TAKE OVER THE D3D !!!
Enigma R4 beta released.

Eansis
Member Avatar
ghost
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Awesome! I know this is a bit early, but an estimate on the time of arrival of U3D 2.1?
VOTE FOR BUDDY ROEMER HE'S A STRAIGHTFORWARD, DOWN TO EARTH AMERICAN GUY WHO ISN'T PART OF THE BIGBROTHER CONSPIRACY

Til'c

Things will not calm down Daniel Jackson. They will infact calm up.

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, yes, it is a bit early, so the answer is no :D . Until nineth of February I won't program anything, because on this day I've got my last test at University this semester. Until then I will focus on learning. I'm planning to start with Ultimate 3D 2.1 after that, but I haven't even decided on the features I want to include, so currently it's absolutely impossible to say anything like a release date or a "release time interval estimate". If I'd say anything it would probably be wrong ;) .

Samuraikill
Member Avatar
Elite Member
[ *  *  *  * ]
Wow, This is great! You did a very good job on this, Thanks Dr. Best :)

Rixeno
Member Avatar
Teo-Carliss
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Yay, it's released, Yippy Kayay! :yahoo: ... New stuff added too!!! I can't wait to read the help file once again :P
Report spam the nanosecond you see it.
Ninjas are everywhere, for all you know there are eleven behind you right now, including me...

ashrat3000
Member Avatar
u3d raytracer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hurray! I finally get to remove that treat uninitialized variables thingy!

Also, I noticed that you finally crossed the 1 megabyte file size for the dll. Congrats! (If thats a good thing..)
Good luck on your test.

EDIT: wow I had a lot of undeclared variables... that was a pain in the @$$. But now it works!
그대를 사랑해

Ruud v A
Member Avatar
Programmer Artist
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
A problem with the gex: Some scripts have optional arguments, like LoadTexture. If you don't fill in the optional arguments gm gives an error. I believe it it possible to change this in the extension creator, so it has ... arguments or more.

Veniogames
Vēnit, ut mē occidĕret.

I will not use Ultimate3d 2.x.x anymore - I am an Ogre C++ programmer.

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Well, you can have an arbitary number of arguments, but you can't have one optional argument, so I think it's better to leave it the way it is.

Matrix_Square
Member Avatar
Matrix Square Entertainment Developer
[ *  *  *  * ]
Ruud v A
Jan 20 2008, 03:55 AM
A problem with the gex: Some scripts have optional arguments, like LoadTexture. If you don't fill in the optional arguments gm gives an error. I believe it it possible to change this in the extension creator, so it has ... arguments or more.

Nope, the extension creator doesn't support having an optional argument.

You must specify, explicitely, how many arguments the said script/function is expected to take, and the user must provide that many arguments.

Quite unfortunately, really. It'd have been a convenient feature to have.
SPRING time PROGRAMMING - GM & Ultimate3D Tutorials

LaserLemon
Member Avatar
Sir
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Booyeah! An Ultimat3d plugin, yay!
Posted Image

Formerly known as FaTaL_N00B.

Ruud v A
Member Avatar
Programmer Artist
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Hmm, yes you can't have more than ... arguments, but you can have an arbitrary number of arguments. I think that's better, or I'll just use the scripts version ^_^

Veniogames
Vēnit, ut mē occidĕret.

I will not use Ultimate3d 2.x.x anymore - I am an Ogre C++ programmer.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply