Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Ultimate 3D 2.1.1 - A new fixed DLL; Fixes all known bugs, no new features
Topic Started: Jan 3 2009, 02:54 AM (4,563 Views)
Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi everybody,

as announced before I have been working on a new fixed version of Ultimate 3D. Over the past few month there have been several bug reports and most of them could be verified as real bugs. I am sorry that it took me that long to fix them, but I have been really busy and fixing the bugs caused quite a bit of work since some of them had really tricky causes.

By now the old Ultimate3D.dll has been replaced by a new one in all official downloads on Ultimate3D.org. Additionally you can get the fixed DLL here. Its installation couldn't be any easier. Download it and replace the old DLL by this new one. This fixed DLL is referred to as Ultimate 3D 2.1.1. Here is a list of all bugs, which are fixed in it:

• With the old DLL stencil shadows start about 28 units away from the model, if a model with vertex skinning casts shadows for a directional light (reported by skarik).
  • If a terrain tile uses four diffuse maps parts of it, which should be solid, become transparent (reported by skarik).
  • Parts of text and 2D graphics are missing randomly, if user defined clipping planes are used.
  • If a *.md2 file got exported to a *.u3d file the texture coordinates were exported wrongly (reported by nic_rf).
  • Two mistakes in the documentation have been fixed (reported by MysteriXYZ).
There are no new features in this new version. Another issue, which has been reported turned out to be caused by a problem in some graphics device drivers. To avoid this problem avoid using the def instruction in pixel shaders. Otherwise the constants may not be set correctly.

With friendly regards,
Dr. Best
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luenardi
Member Avatar
Cofee Machines Rock
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanx dude! your just too awesome. :thumb_up:
Posted Image

For your perception no.
But my universe has no such limits.

www.recall.co.nr

Huika
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Thank you Dr. Best! = ))) Ultimate 3d is really great!

Ive tested many engines like panda3d and ogre3d, but ive got really impressed with the simple way it is to work with ultimate 3d.
Since im a designer and not a programmer, this is my big chance of creating 3d games :)

ashrat3000
Member Avatar
u3d raytracer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Wait did this fix the multiple motion blur shaders issue?
And the PSS issue where the screen would move 1 pixel to the right and down.

Or were those already fixed...
Or is the def causing those problems.

offtopic:
Why can't I get the motion blur shader to affect a different camera? camera_index isn't changing anything.

Edited by ashrat3000, Feb 4 2009, 01:08 AM.
그대를 사랑해

skarik
Member Avatar
kitten eating scum
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
ashrat3000
Feb 4 2009, 01:07 AM

offtopic:
Why can't I get the motion blur shader to affect a different camera? camera_index isn't changing anything.

1. Those were fixed.
2. Def is causing the problems in the current version.

offtopic:

Probably because you have it in the wrong order.
Blog|EHS

ashrat3000
Member Avatar
u3d raytracer
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
skarik
Feb 4 2009, 01:49 AM
ashrat3000
Feb 4 2009, 01:07 AM

offtopic:

1. Those were fixed.
2. Def is causing the problems in the current version.

offtopic:

Probably because you have it in the wrong order.
Huh.
I must still be using 2.1.0.

offtopic:
What?

Edited by ashrat3000, Feb 4 2009, 04:40 AM.
그대를 사랑해

skarik
Member Avatar
kitten eating scum
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
One must realize that a post screen shader is just like any other object, giving GM an unchangeable u3d_index variable, and if one changes changeable properties after creation, that in order to apply these changes, one must update the engine with the changed value of the property before you may see any change in your object, isn't that right?
Blog|EHS

noone
[ *  * ]
I have some problems with the DLL. I've downloaded the new DLL, replaced the old.
It can't define three functions: GetDistanceToTerrain,GetDistanceToModel and
GetDistanceToTerrain.

( Please ignore the attached picture, when I attached it, i didn't know, that I won't
need it :whistle: )
Attached to this post:
Attachments: U3D211.jpg (40.26 KB)

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
You have been using Ultimate 3D 2.0 before updating. Updating from Ultimate 3D 2.0 to Ultimate 3D 2.1 requires some changes in your code. Here is the detailed description on how to update.

noone
[ *  * ]
Thank you!( And sorry for don't looking at that :whistle: )
Whoa, like the new features! :yahoo:

Andrew75
Member Avatar
Andrew75
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
wow its amazing you could find the time for this update Dr Best, howd you squeeze it in?
its good to see that you still support the old 2 series of ult 3d.

^__^
Posted Image
(SONIC CD REMIX)
check out my vids
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=tuxmask75
Check out our projects vids
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=AXSXProject

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Andrew75
Feb 7 2009, 04:21 PM
wow its amazing you could find the time for this update Dr Best, howd you squeeze it in?
its good to see that you still support the old 2 series of ult 3d.

^__^
I did it during the holidays ;) .

Ormick
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Glad I decided to visit here before I went back to U3D. I've been working with GM2D for 3 months now, and the limitations are just pissing me off. But I learned alot with that, and now I'm ready to get back in the game.

And Huika, I know how you feel about being a designer and not a programmer.
Edited by Ormick, Feb 23 2009, 05:13 AM.
Every forum needs an indecisive noob. I'm it.

Gandalf20000
Member Avatar
Geek
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm posting this here, since I don't think it warranted it's own topic, and this is the topic about U3D 2.1.1, so...

I think I might have found a possible bug. With SetMaterialStageTexCoord(), the manual says that if you set the coordinate set argument to -3, it uses the vertex positions on screen as texture coordinates. Here's the problem: it does that, but the texture repeats (a lot) within the view frustum. It shouldn't be doing that, since (to my understanding) it is supposed to be using the vertex positions in relation to the view frustum as coordinates. In other words, shouldn't the projected texture fill up the entire frustum of the camera?

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Gandalf20000
Sep 5 2009, 05:26 PM
I think I might have found a possible bug. With SetMaterialStageTexCoord(), the manual says that if you set the coordinate set argument to -3, it uses the vertex positions on screen as texture coordinates. Here's the problem: it does that, but the texture repeats (a lot) within the view frustum. It shouldn't be doing that, since (to my understanding) it is supposed to be using the vertex positions in relation to the view frustum as coordinates. In other words, shouldn't the projected texture fill up the entire frustum of the camera?
Well, this is a matter of definitions, but I know about this behavior and I never intended to change it. You can use a simple vertex shader, if you need it different. This feature is never that useful anyway, since screen space texture coordinates need to be computed per pixel and not per vertex to avoid distortions. Examples for shaders, which do this are the portal shader and the water shader. Basically the only reason, why this feature is available, is because it is an easily accessible feature of the pipeline of Direct3D.

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply