Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Vehicle Physic System ?; how to make it?
Topic Started: Nov 21 2012, 10:04 PM (572 Views)
mofgame
Expert Game Maker User
[ *  * ]
I want to make a driver game. But there is a problem.

I have found a few examples for Ultimate3D car physic. But they work only on the terrain. I want to create a city with slopes. The car moves only on the terrain. It passes through the walls and buildings and racetrack (I set SetObjectSolidity(true,false); in Create Event). What should I do? Is there any example about it? or, can I use GMnewton? What are your suggestions?
Edited by mofgame, Nov 21 2012, 10:06 PM.
Excuse me, my English is not very good...

u3d.307net.com => Ultimate 3dTurkish forums (coming soon)

307net.com => mofnetwork
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Despellanion
Member Avatar
Forum God
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
As something as basic as collision detection you will have to use U3Ds collision detection system, link here.

Monty
Member Avatar
Forum Leader
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've done it with GMBULLET and U3D. Don't use the raycast vehicle features. I'll see if I can find it...

mofgame
Expert Game Maker User
[ *  * ]
@Despellanion Ok but Car must rotate (changing rotx and roty) by the bevel of the road. How can I do it?

@Monty I wait for link. (I found a GmBullet file in the forum, but GEX package in the rar file is not working GM8.)

(by the way thanks for help)
Edited by mofgame, Nov 22 2012, 12:24 AM.
Excuse me, my English is not very good...

u3d.307net.com => Ultimate 3dTurkish forums (coming soon)

307net.com => mofnetwork

Monty
Member Avatar
Forum Leader
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
mofgame
Nov 22 2012, 12:21 AM
@Despellanion Ok but Car must rotate (changing rotx and roty) by the bevel of the road. How can I do it?

@Monty I wait for link. (I found a GmBullet file in the forum, but GEX package in the rar file is not working GM8.)

(by the way thanks for help)
Sorry I am away this week. Remind me next week and I will look for it for you.

Monty
Member Avatar
Forum Leader
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Well. My computer is completely broken and I have no idea how to even begin to fix it. Sorry dude. It looks like I will not be able to produce the demo.

« Previous Topic · Tutorials and examples · Next Topic »
Add Reply