Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adventure Style Float Camera; A simple 3rd person floating camera For those who are new to u3d.
Topic Started: Dec 4 2012, 02:48 AM (593 Views)
tizorna
[ * ]
here is a 7z file with gamemaker 8.1 file and a simple model
game is made using U3d Gex and some code

File beam link
DOWNLOAD

I did make a video but Audio became Corrupt making it imposable to understand.
may remake the video sometime.

original problem
Quote:

Hello i been using u3d a little while and gotten the hang on animated models and built a few games using U3d but for last couple days i tried making a Floating camera similar to that of like Zelda games on the n64.

See the problem i been having is this when i rotate my player the camera moves right behind the player no matter what i do. :blink:

what I'm aiming for is a camera that follows but doesn't always stay behind the player were you can even run under the camera it always points to the players position but when you run to far then the camera follows.

what I'm mostly using is the U3D gex for like movement but camera i stick to scripts. :whistle:

Edited by tizorna, Dec 5 2012, 03:21 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

RonBurgundy
Member Avatar
Forum Borat
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Hi!

Mods will probably tell you that this belongs in questions about u3d. But your new so hopefully they wont get mad about it ^_^

Any way, the camera in u3d can be customized better with vectors and matrices.
The camera in Zelda is a little complex. If you need help with a more controllable camera I can post a little example.
!!! DEFEND POP PUNK !!!

tizorna
[ * ]
oh didn't know i posted in the wrong part...

well i got close to day i learned about perspective = 0 its closer but i had to edit my movement code my player obj now he can only run in 4 directions instead of 8, plus pressing 2 or more movement keys he practically goes like 2 times faster.

if this helps I'm using a single animated model and rotating it to send it in its proper directions.

tizorna
[ * ]
Well i solved the problem that i kept over looking something obvious the whole time,
I'll change title and add video Tutorial soon for those going into Float style Camera for their games.

Despellanion
Member Avatar
Forum God
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Is this a question or a tutorial?

tizorna
[ * ]
well i kinda posted in the wrong forum part at first and i ended up solving my own problem, i Figured if others had same problem with a float camera i thought this may help as a tutorial. :P

« Previous Topic · Tutorials and examples · Next Topic »
Add Reply