Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Screenshot in PNG; Yup.
Topic Started: Dec 27 2013, 11:44 PM (253 Views)
TheStolenbattenberg
Member Avatar
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
As far as I'm aware, you can only make a screenshot in BMP... So here's away to do that in PNG, without anymore DLLs, very basic stuff.

Code:

i=0;
while(file_exists("screenshot_0"+string(i)+".bmp"))
{
i+=1;
}
filename = "screenshot_0" +string(i)+ ".bmp";

TakeScreenshot(filename);
sprite_add(filename,0,false,false,0,0);
file_delete(filename);
sprite_save(filename,0,"screenshot_0" +string(i)+ ".png");

put that inside a button pressed event, and yay -- automatic screenshot naming, and 'conversion' to png. simple. Dunno if anyone else will find it useful, but PNG is much smaller than BMP, so.

I haven't tested with U3D, but in theory that should work, since it works with game maker's normal 'screen_save' function.
Ashes to ashes, Dust to dust... Honor to glory; And iron to rust. Hate to bloodshed, From rise to fall... If I never have to die; Am I alive at all?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

zelda4evr
Member Avatar
Forum God
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
If you use a game maker built in function to take a screenshot in a u3d game, I'm pretty sure you will just get a screenshot of what the game looks like in the room editor.
edit: after looking at your code, it might work. looks good to me.
Edited by zelda4evr, Jan 9 2014, 05:35 AM.

Posted Image
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · Tutorials and examples · Next Topic »
Add Reply