Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Portal Engine; Not working
Topic Started: Nov 9 2014, 10:22 PM (184 Views)
Matt8110
[ * ]
Hello, I have been trying to get the Portal Engine to work and cannot seem to do it. I know there is something I am missing but after hours of trying I cannot figure it out. Any help is appreciated, thank you.

EDIT: I should mention that I have looked at the tech demo, but that just confused me. Do the parameters for creating a portal mean actual rooms, or some sort of virtual room?
Edited by Matt8110, Nov 9 2014, 10:24 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

luenardi
Member Avatar
Cofee Machines Rock
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
SwitchPortalEngine(Enable)

Rooms and the portals are bound.

You can create virtual rooms that are visible only if set and can be used to make certain rooms visible to certain camera objects.

The portal it self relies on this system and are normal portals linking locations together.

See performance optimization under advanced functions in the u3d manual.

http://help.ultimate3d.org/
Edited by luenardi, Nov 10 2014, 06:45 PM.
Posted Image

For your perception no.
But my universe has no such limits.

www.recall.co.nr

Despellanion
Member Avatar
Forum God
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Matt8110
Nov 9 2014, 10:22 PM

EDIT: I should mention that I have looked at the tech demo, but that just confused me. Do the parameters for creating a portal mean actual rooms, or some sort of virtual room?
These are U3D rooms which you set using SetObjectRoom(roomIndex). More in the manual

« Previous Topic · Questions about Ultimate 3D · Next Topic »
Add Reply