Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing the Ultimate 3D Community as a guest. This means that you can only read posts, but can not create posts or topics by yourself. To be able to post you need to register. Then you can participate in the community active and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you are already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
U3D model texture question; U3D model texture question
Topic Started: Feb 28 2016, 08:07 AM (268 Views)
williac
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
Its been a long time so I am probably rusty but Im struggling. I am making a game for my kids and am making the level editor. I am needing to export a generated mesh to a U3D file and then load it later. When I load the U3D model the texture isnt displayed properly. It texture is displayed much smaller and upside down compared to the model the U3D file is exported from. Just to be sure it wasnt how I was creating the mesh I loaded a model made in anim8tor Exported a U3D file and then loaded it. I will attempt to attach a pic showing what I am talking about. Its probably something simple I have overlooked.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: problem.png (115.43 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Not sure what might be causing this. Maybe missing unlock calls? Some code snippets would help.

williac
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I downloaded the latest SDK (2.1)
opened the BasicGM5.gmd
set the model objects file variable to 'blox.x' a mesh I created in DeledCE.
Placed the model in the room editor ran the game and the mesh appeared textured correctly.
I copied the model object and named the copy model2. I then changed object model2 file variable to 'blox.u3d'.
I added a press<Space> event to the model object and added an execute code action with the following code in it.

ExportToU3DFile('blox.u3d','',true)
instance_create(x,y,model2)
instance_destroy()

I saved the game and ran it. My model objects blox.x mesh appeared fine and then I pressed the
spacebar and my blox.x mesh disappeared and the blox.u3d was created in its place like I expected but the texture is displayed tiny and repeated hundreds of times across the mesh. I will attempt to attach a pic of what it looks like
Attached to this post:
Attachments: directx_mesh.gif (34.81 KB)
Edited by williac, Mar 2 2016, 08:18 PM.

williac
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
I am attaching the pic of the u3d mesh as it appears.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: u3d_mesh.gif (33.3 KB)

Dr. Best
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
I cannot see anything wrong with that so you might have run into a bug. Might want to look for workarounds because I probably won't get around to fix it. After all, U3D for Game Maker has been discontinued for almost eight years. Sounds odd, but it's true...

williac
Advanced Member
[ *  *  * ]
ok, I will. Thanks for your answer and for all of the work you put in to making U3D. I have done a few small things in C++ since 2007 and cant imagine the time and lines of code it must have taken to make U3D what it is.

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
« Previous Topic · Questions about Ultimate 3D · Next Topic »
Add Reply