Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Satellite Archaeology
Presumably they are using what in the UK is called LIDAR?

Are Beth's students part of the 650 places or have they been treaty separately? Did they have to go through the same application process as the rest of us on 1 November?

If there are 20 people who have applied for more than 2 weeks, then potentially those extra weeks could total 60 (20 x max 3 extra weeks) out of 650, nearly 10% of the total places available. However, I guess that not many of the 20 applied for the maximum 5 weeks. I also note that Andy said under 20; 19 perhaps?

If 65% of the applicants were veterans, that leaves 35% for newcomers, not a bad ratio as it provides a good mix in the trenches.

Still further update. Started afresh and managed to get payment accepted his time. Taken 45 minutes of sweat and panic!

Further update. My 2 weeks show in the cart but when I click 'checkout' it says my cart is empty! Managed to get through and spoke to Colin but he doesn't know why it is happening. I hope that i won't lose my weeks.

We may be live but my payment keeps failing and I have tried 2 cards, one debit and the other credit. Your telephone line is permanently engaged. What should I do?