Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2007 season prep
Topic Started: Mar 18 2007, 03:05 PM (472 Views)
SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
With the opening of the season imminent, I wanted to post an idea. I think the little end-of-week wrap-ups that Andy & Justin started last year were a real hit. They gave a great overview & recap of what had been found, and what it all meant. So I thought, what if people were able to see those recaps even if they weren't at the dig? I know I personally would love being able to watch the digs unfold week-by-week. It'd be great to get my head in the game before coming, and it'd be fun to see what was found after I'd had to leave.

Is there enthusiasm here in the forum for some kind of weekly video like this? If so, is there any way that staff or a volunteer would be able to film those? Nothing high-tech, just a regular handheld digital camera would be fine. I could either post them here, or provide a link to a site like YouTube where they could be viewed.

Seems like a fun way to keep the extended group more involved. And who knows, might just help us be better diggers to boot. Not to mention making all the other digs jealous. "Ooh, look what they're doing up there at Vindolanda, cheeky little [insert appropriate epithet]s."

- H
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Cheers Chris! I had a hunch I wasn't alone. Andy, it's funny, as I was posting I was thinking about exactly your concerns. Don't want to turn the videos into an "X marks the spot" treasure map. If it works out that we can do this, then anything that gets posted should absolutely get vetted first. I hope it does work out. Easy for me sitting over here to advocate adding to an already crowded "to-do" list for you guys. B) But I do think it would have real benefits.

- H
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply