Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2007 season prep
Topic Started: Mar 18 2007, 03:05 PM (470 Views)
Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
Hi Harry,

Good idea, let me think about it. The weekly end game round ups are going to be a little more difficult this year for cross team fertilization. One of the reasons for this is the fact that we are only working three days together on the site, but I will try and keep this going as well as I can. It is important that everyone on the site gets an appreciation of all the work that is being done.

On the Video front, we have to be a little bit careful. I say this because of the metal detector threat to the site. If we have a video of coins being found, or .. Justin or myself go 'live' and say 'this is a temple', we could have a huge problem on our hands. So we need to be a little careful about this one. I had similar problems with the idea of a webcam/videocam on the site all year round. It is a balancing act really. We are dedicated to keeping people involved, and want to allow people as much access as possible, while at the back of our minds, always knowing that we must be wary of people who are more dangerous to the site than spammers. So my official line is not a NO!, but a cautious yes, and I will insist on some editorial control.

best,

Andy

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply