Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
2007 season prep
Topic Started: Mar 18 2007, 03:05 PM (469 Views)
Vinovium Chris
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I like this idea....no matter what format it takes.....

most of the volunteers will only usually see the short part of the excavation that they participated in .....leaving questions un-answered.

I for one would really appreciate seeing the excavations unfold throughout the year and a weekly bulletin would be an excellent move....even a picture album of "this weeks progress."

Nice one Harry

Chris

Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Vinovium Chris
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I know what you mean about nighthawks, I have had trouble in the past from unwanted detectorists ( a small minority I may add) on one occasion we had the tool shed broken into and the spades nicked - I mean some people.

and of course holes all over the site.

But as for a video/photo diary, excellent idea - It may even be beneficial on encouraging visitors to the site....seeing what is going on may encourage a visit...

It would certainly be educational

Chris
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply