Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Area B Team photos 2007
Topic Started: Apr 15 2007, 04:41 AM (2,318 Views)
Justin
[ *  * ]
Here is the team shot of Area B's merry crew for week 1. Everyone is grinning so it must have been a good week, or did Roger just come up with another witty limerick? thanks for your efforts guys, it was a good solid start to the excavation.
Justin
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Justin
[ *  * ]
The week 2 crew. looking a bit on the damp side after the miserable weather on Friday, but still smiling. Must have been a good week for finds!

Justin
[ *  * ]
The week 3 team. An all male affair so you can guess the topics of trench conversation!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Area B's team of week 4. Thanks to Matt 'white wellies' Betz for his photography skills. If you look closely Chris Wood still has his eyes down looking for finds even outside the tea shed!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 5's fine team. As you can see, the photographer caught Deb and I at our finest!!!!!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 6's team. Wow there were a lot of us, and thanks too to Malise for all the hard work in washing, marking and sorting out our small pottery mountain!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 7. I promise that Tony (far right) does have normalish legs and didn't develop some horrendous 'turn ya legs green' disease on site! Although digging in shorts in temps of 7-10 degrees shows serious signs of being a frustrated boy scout leader to me :P Sorry Tony.

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 8. After having the rip taken out of me all week for my northern ways, the team outfits prove that if you work in the north for long enough, you WILL end up following suit! Flat caps for now....... whippets, pigeons, dressed sticks and ferrets by next year. :P
Oh yes, and because Vindolanda is a family show, Tony's knees have been pixelated under the normal rules of censorship! ;)
Thank you all for your hard work and special thanks to Marcel who's superb taste in various reds meant the afternoon sessions seemed to fly. A votre sante!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 9. Can nine weeks really have passed already? :o Anyway, thanks to the week 9 team and, as you can see on the pic, we all managed to be wearing Vindolanda T shirts of one sort or another for the photo, which has to be some sort of record!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 10
A very cheerful looking team despite close to 5inches of water falling from the skies and wrecking all but 2 days of digging. Your undampened enthusiasm was an inspiration folks, and quite how Linda stayed dry in a tent through that lot is surely set to become of of the great mysteries in life. Thank you all and I promise the weather isn't usually that awful in June

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 11.

Well we should all look remarkably clean on this one considering we had a shower every 30seconds of the day. As the lightning bounced of Barcombe on Friday I began to wonder if excavating those temple-tombs last year had offended the gods!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 12. Still no let up in the rain. Never mind with Sterling, Hugh and Eric around it could never be said that conversation was dull!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 13. The diving team of week 13. Trowels were left in the tool shed and snorkels issued. Barrowing in flippers was certainly entertaining and Edinburgh zoo's 'penguin parade' had nothing on us!
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Week_12.jpg (858.22 KB)

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 14. Somewhat depleted but still pretty handy. A big thank you to the terrific trio who showed up, we did really well considering the circumstances! Thanks fellas.

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 15. By far and away the best hat of the year award goes to Mrs. Mc - Simply stunning!

Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · 2007 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: