Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Excavations; The Season so far
Topic Started: May 12 2007, 02:07 PM (915 Views)
Duncan
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Day 2 of my first week in Area B, but rained off by lunchtime today. :( Working with some old friends and some newbies. Nothing of great note has turned up so far this week, though Justin keeps our spirits up that by telling us there is plenty of good archaelogy just one more spade length down......and of course there is always the talk to the schools. All together now..."Hello everbody welcome to Vindolanda. My names Justin....." (you know the rest)

Duncan
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Duncan
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Well, thats another dig over for me. Weather in week two was dry and largly sunny (burnt ears a testimony to that) though cool wind at times. Area B turned up some interesting finds and as always more questions than answers. I finished the week by finding a small wooden object in a delightfully smelly anaerobic ditch, a handle to something perhaps, and what Justin described as the best bit of worked wood to turn up in his area for 5 years.
Roll on 2008!!

Duncan
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 2007 · Next Topic »
Add Reply