Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Any News?
Topic Started: Jul 8 2007, 10:37 PM (1,297 Views)
MBetz
[ *  * ]
Hi fellow diggers. Any news for the last few weeks? I know it has rained. Rained enough to make it into the record books it seems. Any archaeology happen? It has become awfully quite on this forum. Post what you all have been up to. Any new finds of interest. How 'bout any that make everyone say "hmmm...".
Matt
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MBetz
[ *  * ]
Thanks for the great updates. I have been following the weather through the local paper online and am happy to see that some digging could be done. To have the hottest April and the wettest June in one year for the last hundred years is just amazing. Any further excavation happen on the first stone fort wall? When last I saw it the wall was just beginning to make its turn. How has Area B held up with all the rain. There were a number of distches and gullies awaiting excavation in mid-June. Have those been excavated or were they given up on? Any more tablets found? I have heard of just a fragment of one but there must have been more found by now.
Good luck everyone
Matt

MBetz
[ *  * ]
Thanks, Kate. The weather must be the lousiest for getting down into the anaerobic stuff. And the midges must be in heaven with all the water and the mostly stationary human food banks, i.e. diggers. Did you see any work being done on the stone fort wall. I have been curious to know how far the excavation has gone since the turn was found. It's too bad people aren't posting more about what they are doing.
Matt

MBetz
[ *  * ]
Thanks Kate. Maybe they are leaving the discovery of the north gate until next year. Human JCB's to action!
Matt

« Previous Topic · 2007 · Next Topic »
Add Reply