Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Update on Report for '07 Season
Topic Started: Nov 25 2007, 05:03 PM (443 Views)
MBetz
[ *  * ]
Hiya Andy and Justin-
How is the report for 2007 shaping up? Is the plan to have it available before next dig season or will it come out as it did in 2007, sometime in May-June? I was hoping it may be a bit earlier since one season is all this report will cover. Any news on the tablets found? I remember that quite a few came from a time in Vindolanda's history that is somewhat sketchy. Here's to hoping one of them gives a unit name or something useful (at least more than a laundry list!).
Matt
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

MBetz
[ *  * ]
Thanks for the quick word Andy. It must be a hectic yet satisfying time right now for the Trust in securing grants and money to make Vindolanda one of the best archaeology sites and centers for Roman archaeology learning/study in Britain. Good luck on the grants and all and don't sweat the reports-no pressure!
Matt
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply