Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Revenue brainstorm
Topic Started: Dec 22 2007, 11:53 AM (729 Views)
Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I like all the ideas so far suggested and have been thinking about another 'adoption' idea. Our local'band' the Royal Liverpool Philharmonic Orchestra have some players 'sponsored' by individuals, companies, bequests, etc. Would there be any future in sponsoring Vindolanda staff or encouraging universities to sponsor students?
Just a thought.
;)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I din't think of that - could be intriguing!!
Another random thought - what about the many supportes who are not physically able to excavate, don't live locally and really want to give something more to The Trust, i.e. time?
Is there any way of involving them in some type of scheme like us diggers, where they pay for the pivliege of carrying out a less physical activity? :blink:

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
As a peripatetic music teacher visiting 14 schools or thereabouts, I've noticed that many Key Stage 2 children do history topics on Ancient Greece and Rome. Could be nice to take advantage of their interest and develop it further with more tangible finds that they feel a sense of ownership for.
In one of my schools last year, the teacher was putting up some photos on their Roman display wall and I couldn't help but notice pictures of Vindolanda where one of the children had visited during the summer. The pupil was really excited to find that not only had I visited Vindolanda, but had worked on the dig!

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Although the National Curriculum has a lot to answer for, it does have its good points!

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register Now
« Previous Topic · Excavation & General Archaeology Discussions - Open to All! · Next Topic »
Add Reply