Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
Welcome to the 2008 Excavation; Share, share, and share with care!
Topic Started: Mar 27 2008, 04:01 PM (559 Views)
SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Hello and greetings fellow Vindolandans! Hard to believe that a new year is closing in. Having missed the '07 season myself, it was good fun being able to watch the year unfold from the good old armchair. Hopefully this space will be the site of many revelations, conversations, and pictures-pictures-pictures.

A precautionary word. As with last year, it is a shame that we have to use any caution in talking about specific finds, and we certainly don't want to nip good conversations in the bud. But as folks post, just two basic groundrules to keep in mind:

1. Before you describe anything you've found, imagine if you could picture it being sold on eBay. If so, please think twice.

2. If you are keeping a personal blog, awesome. But rather than linking to your blog site here at the forum, please consider posting here a quick cut-and-paste of selected text from your blog. As administrator, my #1 responsibility is security. And I can't maintain security on linked sites.

Thanks all, and here's to a fabulous 2008 digging season!

Best,
Harry
Offline Profile Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 2008 · Next Topic »
Locked Topic