Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
AREA B TEAM PHOTOS
Topic Started: Apr 1 2008, 10:47 AM (1,879 Views)
Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 17.

A group from far flung places this week who came to enjoy the usual Vindolanda deluge in preference to their usual hotter sunny climes. I reckon even Bob from the costa del Blyth is used to better weather than we had this week. So extra special thanks for your perseverance everyone.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Week_16.jpg (716.88 KB)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 18.

Summer finally arrived! Thanks to everyone for a great week. Even when the archaeology was steady for a time, Richard and Jack's brotherly banter kept me amused and Sian even broke that finds jinx! Phew :P

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 19.

Members of the general public were confused at the trench this week by Roman archaeologists dressed as civil war pikemen talking about getting married in Edwardian costume!!!!! and then they all drove off in a mobile chip van to underwater accommodation! :P It could only be Vindolanda in August.

Seriously though, many thanks to this week's crew. I'm sure you didn't sign up for underwater archaeology but your usual enthusiasm and zest for archaeology was great to see. Hope to see you all again next summer.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Week_18.jpg (696.69 KB)

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 20.

Another tropical weeek in sunny Northumberland. You can tell it's August by the lightweight summer attire of this weeks's crew!

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 21.

A considerably shorter week than normal, but just as we were contemplating building an ark it stoppped and the finds were terrific.
Attached to this post:
Attachments: Week_20.jpg (479.64 KB)

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 24.
There was a 2week break in area B while I enjoyed my summer hols (not a Roman object anywhere in sight! :P ), so this is the crew of week 24 on the dig. Thank you all for your hard work in what turned out to be one of the wettest spells on record in Northumberland in Sept!!!!! I think we we got an amazing amount done considering....... Best wishes for a safe journey home for Erin too - it's an epic treck back to Queensland from Northumberland, I hope it goes smoothly.

Justin
[ *  * ]
Week 25.

The final week of the season - How fast did that go by?!? :o
In a week that could have seen all sorts of rivalries between Canadians and Americans, Lancastrians and Yorkshire folk - even a fellow from deepest Lincolnshire, the dig went very well indeed. Heck we even managed to finish all of the various areas off (well very nearly). We even have nine more experts on animal bone thanks to a day spent with Dr Deb!

Many thanks for your hard work everyone it was a great way to finish off the season.

« Previous Topic · 2008 · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: