Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
AREA B FINAL UPDATE; My initial thoughts
Topic Started: Sep 23 2008, 10:54 AM (452 Views)
Kate 13
Member Avatar
Kate F
[ *  * ]
Hi Justin,
That was a fascinating account Justin - you really had a great season in spite of what the weather threw at you. I'm impressed by how much was achieved this season at Vindolanda and your words about the ploughing scattering artefacts are probably very true. Who knows what will turn up in the seasons to come? I'm keeping my hand in working on the Gask ridge project at Strageath fort near Crieff in Perthshire this week. The weather is great so far and I'm getting my first taste of exploring extra mural activity - calling it a vicus would be going too far at present. Keep up the great work and thank you for keeping us up to date.

Kate. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

« Previous Topic · 2008 · Next Topic »
Add Reply