Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

From Aug 2006 - Nov 2013 WeDig provided a live forum for diggers & fans of Vindolanda. It has now been mothballed and will be maintained as a live archive.

Here you will find preserved 7 years of conversation, photos, & knowledge about a site many people love. Vindolanda gets under the skin. (Figuratively and literally as a volunteer excavator!) It's a place you remember, filled with people you remember!

Thanks for 7 great years!

Welcome to We Dig Vindolanda!

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
  • Pages:
What single-colour T-shirt would you like for 2010?
White 0 (0%)
Yellow Ochre 1 (1.7%)
Burnt Orange 1 (1.7%)
Bright Red 4 (6.9%)
Dark Red 7 (12.1%)
Eggplant/Indigo 7 (12.1%)
Light Violet 1 (1.7%)
Slate Blue 15 (25.9%)
Navy 2 (3.4%)
Teal 1 (1.7%)
Sage Green 5 (8.6%)
Deep Forest Green 6 (10.3%)
Olive 2 (3.4%)
Mud Brown 0 (0%)
Rust 2 (3.4%)
Grey 3 (5.2%)
Black 1 (1.7%)
Total Votes: 58
2010 T-Shirt Colour Preference; Colour (blue) for 2010
Topic Started: Sep 22 2009, 04:02 PM (1,985 Views)
MichaelH
[ *  * ]
Hi Harry & all We-Diggers,

….and the T-shirt colour for 2010 is …..blue

Would you (that’s all of us) like to choose the T-shirt colour for next year?

Andrew (any colour you want, so long as it’s black) has suggested that we-diggers choose the T-shirt colour for 2010 (blue maybe?). Or maybe more suitable, how about mud brown? Per-lease not pink!, or any such colour.

Harry, could you set up some sort of system to register our (color) preference? (e.g. blue) Stuffing the ballot box will be severely frowned upon. ^o) Blue, blue, blue……..
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
What a great idea.

Done! (For a moment, I considered not adding Blue. But I thought that might be evil. :D )

Rather partial to a nice dark red myself. It'll be fun to see what the crowd comes up with.
Offline Profile Goto Top

MichaelH
[ *  * ]
Wow Harry,

that was quick, you must have had that prepared, I just blinked and there it was done! either telepathy works or you heard from Andrew?
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Heh! Just great timing. I happened to pop on to see if there was any admin maintenance needing, and I saw your post. Looked like the perfect time to cobble together WeDig's first ever poll!
Offline Profile Goto Top

Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
Alright folks,

Here is democracy in motion. I will do my upmost to consider the finds of this poll when considering the T-shirt colour for next season. Of course, I must be assured that it is on a simply, one member, one vote basis :-)

Nicely done Harry!

Andy
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Cheers Andy!

I guarantee that nobody who doesn't stuff the ballot will be half as likely to not stuff half the ballots in their next go round. So help me. B)

Oh, also, when's your drop-dead date? I threw the poll up there to run through the end of the year, just as a placeholder.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Andy
Dr Andrew Robin Birley
[ *  * ]
End date for the poll at the end of January 2010, at this point we will be placing orders in for the t-shirts. :-)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Sue Munro
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
I actually rather liked the t-shirts with the two colours, but that wasn't on your list. :-/

I was kind of tempted to vote for white so we could all prove to the world how hard we've all been working! ;)
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Hey Sue! Yeah, I was going to add a two-tone list, but that seemed like it could quickly spiral out of control. Plus, if I did that, then the plaid, print, & paisley crowd would feel left out, and it could all get ugly.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jim & Dilys
Jim & Dilys
[ *  * ]
Harry

Why not go for the tunic look (tunica exterior) of plain undyed wool befitting a digger (or slave). Andy, Justin, Beth & Alex can have the addition of a clavus of garnet indicating their status.

Keep up the good work

Jim & Dilys
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jim & Dilys
Jim & Dilys
[ *  * ]
Dear Harry

I'm finally actually on the We Dig website. I've not been able to access this due the fact that my works IT secure systems would not allow access due to the various pop-ups. Changes have obviously been made in the interim period, as our IT system is now allowing access, therefore, I'm making the most of it, and wish to cast my vote:

I think slate blue would make a nice change.

In addition, any chance diggers could have the choice of either short or long sleeves?

Reason: Long sleeves would be great for those like me who have to keep the sun off or blow up. It's just a thought but obviously would cost slightly more £.

Hope all is well with you and Eric. Live long and prosper!

Best wishes
Dilys (and Jim)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Justin-T
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
How about treating this poll as equivalent to an American "primary" election and doing a second poll with (say) only the top four colours, and this time with a picture showing the actual colours?

At the moment a sceptic/skeptic could argue that although slate blue is the favourite/favorite, almost three quarters of people prefer a different color/colour...
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Hey Justin. Not a bad idea. I waffled a bit at first -- do I risk giving too many choices or too few? I like the idea of a "run-off" vote. Just a question of whether other WeDig'ers feel like swinging by & voting a second time.

Andy says we've got to the end of January. So I think I'll leave it the way it is for at least another month or so. There will probably be a few new folks joining WeDig after the 2010 application period goes live, and I'd like them to have their say. Maybe late November we'll see what the numbers look like & whether a runoff still makes sense.
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Hi all. Just a reminder that there is still time to have your say for 2010's T-shirt. The level of participation in this poll has been great! We've decided to stick with it and not run a second, narrower one (unless there is a tie). So whether you're a brand new member or an old hand, if you haven't voted, this is your chance! The poll is set to close on 31 January 2010.

Happy December!
- Harry
Offline Profile Goto Top

SacoHarry
Member Avatar
Administrator
[ *  * ]
Quick reminder that this poll officially closes on Sunday. If you haven't voted yet, don't miss your last chance!
Offline Profile Goto Top

ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · The Pub · Next Topic »
Poll Only
  • Pages: